Thread: 2015 coyote emission reduction mode

Potential Tuner

2015 coyote emission reduction mode

Ive got a gen 2 swapped car with a 6r80, factory pcm. I'm wondering if there is a specific timer for emissions reduction mode. Ive gone in the emissions reduction timing table and normalized the timing so it isn't so loud on start up. I am trying a ghost cam tune and noticed it takes a while to move in to optimum stability even on a warm engine. Is this a background timer or something we can change? Next thought would be to go in to the emissions reduction distance table and make it look like the optimum stability table, then try to copy the timing map over to the emissions reduction timing. Does this seem feasible? Thanks in advance for the help.

Advanced Tuner
    It would make more sense to change the emissions reduction index array to send it to a high overlap cam mapped point. There are plenty of ways to disable CSER mode but hpt doesn’t have them defined.

Advanced Tuner
    Enable max load, set it all to 0.
    I just did this on my 2.3 Eco, because the cruising drone from the cam angles was hurting my feelings.

Advanced Tuner
    I use multiple MP in OP Stab and in CSER when tuning ghost cam. I set the CSER kind of backwards, well actually gen 2's don't populate this table. In distance 1, change the value to 1. Then change RPM greater than 1250 to 1.
    Try running this timing in your CSER N table. Some people want a loud, popping cold start that sounds like clapping, some people don't.

cser.jpg

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    It would make more sense to change the emissions reduction index array to send it to a high overlap cam mapped point. There are plenty of ways to disable CSER mode but hpt doesn’t have them defined.
    This is part of what I was thinking, commanding it to look at different mapped points in emissions reduction, just didnt know if it would work correctly and havent tried yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    Enable max load, set it all to 0.
    I just did this on my 2.3 Eco, because the cruising drone from the cam angles was hurting my feelings.
    Setting that table 38170, Emissions reduction max load enable, to all 0's should essentially tell it its not allowed to go in to emissions reduction mode, right? Would this make it go in to optimum stability straight away?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    I use multiple MP in OP Stab and in CSER when tuning ghost cam. I set the CSER kind of backwards, well actually gen 2's don't populate this table. In distance 1, change the value to 1. Then change RPM greater than 1250 to 1.
    Try running this timing in your CSER N table. Some people want a loud, popping cold start that sounds like clapping, some people don't.

cser.jpg
    How you've got this set up is pretty well how I was thinking I needed to do it. Ive got my cser timing map similar to that already, but I took most of the negative map and put it to 18 degrees and kind of smoothed to the rest of the table that was already positive.

With the cser table pulling so much timing, when I first drove off it would bog so hard on the shift it felt like it shut down momentarily. Ive since gotten that smoothed through transmission tuning and leveling out that cser timing table.

Potential Tuner
    Screenshot 2023-09-08 192952.png

I didnt have the neutral timing smoothed as well as I thought. MP 24 is what I've been using for the ghost cam, Im not using IMRC.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarrior1016 View Post
    Setting that table 38170, Emissions reduction max load enable, to all 0's should essentially tell it its not allowed to go in to emissions reduction mode, right? Would this make it go in to optimum stability straight away?
    That's the idea anyhow... Though I'm just now getting around to reviewing my log from today and I see it's still using the same cam angles/MPs that it always has, but the exhaust note was definitely different during cruise (no EGR overlap drone)... So now I'm not really sure.

Tuner in Training
    Only thing I changed was have it point to table 23 on all the map points and worked fine for me no more loud start up