Thread: Video in potrait mode?

Potential Tuner

Video in potrait mode?

Dear all,
    I recorded a video in potrait mode with the cam, but the video is opened in landscape orientation in RaceRender. There is a 90? rotate option available, but the main video oriantation remains landscape - and my records will be rotated AND cropped, what is unwanted.
    Is there an option in the program to switch to landscape orientation without cropping?

Thank you for your help
    Sebastian
    rotation_of_a_potrait_video.jpginsert_of_a_potrait_video.jpginsert_of_a_potrait_video.jpg
    Last edited by bastifanti; 09-14-2023 at 01:15 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bastifanti View Post
    Dear all,
    I recorded a video in potrait mode with the cam, but the video is opened in landscape orientation in RaceRender. There is a 90? rotate option available, but the main video oriantation remains landscape - and my records will be rotated AND cropped, what is unwanted.
    Is there an option in the program to switch to landscape orientation without cropping?

Thank you for your help
    Sebastian
    In the top right in Input Files, you can click on your video, then click Config. A Configuration dialog should display where you can select the Rotation in the bottom center/left. That should hopefully do what you're looking for. You might need to mess with the size of the video's Display Object in order to get it to show up correctly though.

If that doesn't do what you're looking for, I'd recommend opening the file in a video editor like Davinci Resolve or similar and rotating it that way first before loading it into RaceRender.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for reply.
    But your procedure leads to a massively cropped video (see picture in original post).
    I tried to work with a video file - originally taken in potrait orientation - but the result was a video with black areas (see other picture). It seems that RaceRender cannot work with potrait mode videos unfortunately.

Advanced Tuner
    Darn. Probably need an update to RaceRender to support that... I think vertical video was not nearly as common when RaceRender was last updated. Hopefully we get another one relatively soon.