Thread: Going from SD back to MAF? Tune file attached for viewing also

Going from SD back to MAF? Tune file attached for viewing also

I have an 02 WS6, it's my personal car. I bought it from a friend of mine. The car has been previously tuned in speed density. I have no idea who tuned it. There do not seem to be any engine mods to the car. Still has stock headers/cats, with an aftermarket cat back. I see no other mods, aside from the missing MAF.

I am thinking of going back to the stock MAF and stock tune (or at least starting fresh tuning with a stock tune).

I'm not a GM guy, but I think I have read something about you have to do something with the PCM when going from MAF to SD.

Can I just flash a stock tune file in to go back to MAF? Or is there something special I need to do?

The "tuned" SD file is attached if anyone wants to comment on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    To run with MAF set to stock values:

Engine Diag>Airflow>MAF Frequency Fail
    Engine Diag>DTC>P0101, P0102, P0103 to stock
    Engine>Airflow>Dynamic>High RPM Disable

To tune MAF set High RPM Disable to something like low 200rpm.

Senior Tuner
    You can download a stock tune from the repository and compare.

Often the high octane table is copied into the low octane.

I wonder why they put it in SD in the first place.. I've done it on stock cammed/just bolt on cars for some track cars as they are more consistent as the MAF ages/fouls and I've done it for customers who have a bad MAF..
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by timothyferriss View Post
    Going from a speed density (SD) tune back to a mass airflow (MAF) setup on your 2002 Pontiac Firebird WS6 can be a bit involved, but it's certainly doable.
    That is literally one of the simplest tuning chores a person can undertake. Physically reinstalling the MAF is the only part that may be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gametech View Post
    That is literally one of the simplest tuning chores a person can undertake. Physically reinstalling the MAF is the only part that may be an issue.
    It's a spambot.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    It's a spambot.
    Thank you for pointing these out, you should be able to report these posts directly in the future so they get removed as does the user
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Ok good to know.

I did report it. Somebody was trying to talk to it though, not realizing what it was.