Thread: No shifto no speedo

No shifto no speedo

4L60E was swapt 4wd to 2wd VSS calibration? Donor 03 tahoe 4wd . Removed transfer case. Did the tail shaft with reluctor,new tail housing and vss I put this in a 48 F1 panel truck. Had it tuned. It starts runs perfect. First and reverse only, no shifto no obd speedo. WIRING or TUNE ??
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-22-2023 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added info

Tuner
    I'm having the same issue with a client that has a 6.0 running an e38 out of a Silverado. Engine transmission are both from a 2008 Silverado and the transmission is a 4L80E. He got a custom wiring harness and he had a wiring guy do it that he's used many times and he swears by the guy. He's done one of these before and he said the ECU had to be configured or reflash or something. The EC's brand new that was set up for the same truck that the engine and transmission combination was pulled out of. The problem that we're having is while Park reverse and neutral all work is expected when you go to put it in drive the transmission stays stuck in a gear. So we're assuming that it's getting stuck in first but when I scan it it says that it's stuck in second gear with the torque converter off or something like that I don't have it right in front of me. It won't shift down it won't shift up. No matter what I do. Even in the scanner when I try and command another gear it doesn't do it. I've done what everyone else suggested and grab the calibration that's in the repository from an Express van of the same year and right and tire both the ECU and the TCM. Then I did a right and tire on the stock e38 calibration just the ECU not the TCM. Then I copied all the shift points and stuff like that basically all the calibration data from the transmission controller that was stocked over the right and tire that I did on the transmission controller from the express. So now it has the shift points and stuff from the Silverado but I did it right and tire on the transmission controller before doing that and I only wrote the calibration. Now the issue that I'm running into is the same it's not shifting it won't jump from one here to the other and stay stuck in a single gear. I can see RPM and vehicle speed are showing up in the scanner it says that it's stuck at Max diag whatever that means. And it's also throwing a couple of dtc's for the one to two and two to three shift solenoids and circuit low and something about the TCC lock being off. My guts telling me that even though I did this transmission calibration stuff right that the pin out for the wiring harness it has not been done correctly. Now he's a new client and so I don't want to offend him but I'm going to go there again tomorrow and troubleshoot it. First thing I'm going to look at is making sure that the wiring is correct but is there anything else that I need to look for and your guys experience with doing this type of swap. I forgot to mention it's also in a 1970 suburban so it's a standalone swap the vehicle starts just fine it runs just fine it just doesn't shift gears. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Also sorry if some of the post or rather some of my post looks kind of convoluted or doesn't make sense at first I'm using speech to text but I think you guys get the gist of it
    "Insert some inspirational or smart*** quote here..." - Some Dude
    software_engineer.net_sec.linux_hero
    www.dusette.net
    RoninDusette@github