Thread: virtual read how to??

virtual read how to??

as title say's. im confused??

Tuner in Training
    Just be connected to the internet and carry on like normal. The file provided is not what's actually in your ecm, but a stock read of that year and model vehicle. Any changes previously made can't be read from the ecm so make sure you save and keep copies of everything.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmav View Post
    Just be connected to the internet and carry on like normal. The file provided is not what's actually in your ecm, but a stock read of that year and model vehicle. Any changes previously made can't be read from the ecm so make sure you save and keep copies of everything.
    Yep! What he said ^^^. The Toyota ECM is a write only. There is no reading what you have.
    Every time I update my tune, I open the latest file and ?save as?. Each revision is numbered. Believe I?m on REV 12 by now?

Tuner in Training
    I am trying to read and tune my 2019 Tundra, but I can't seem to get it to do anything. Is there a "hardware" selection I need to put first? I tried the 4 Denso Toyota options and they didn't work. Any help is appreciated. Using MPVI2+ with newest VCM Suite.Screenshot 2024-01-28 005712.png

Tuner
    Use Denso 2048k

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I tried that last time and didn't seem to work, but I will give that a try again.