Thread: 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Remote Start Problem

Potential Tuner

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Remote Start Problem

Recently I got a tune for my 3800 Series 3. Now when i remote start, it immediately dies if started by remote within 2 hours of last running. It starts fine if you wait 2 hours or more. When starting with the key, it starts just fine. There is no engine codes. Could this be because of the tune.

I replaced the original PCM with a different one that had the VIN programmed to it. The remote start didn't work. But i was able to send the original PCM off and have it tuned. After i got the tuned PCM back the Remote Start worked, but only if you waited long enough. The remote start worked before i replaced the PCM.
    It was replaced because I was trying to tune it myself to remove the speed limiter, but it failed mid writing and wouldn't write the tune to it.

I did add the tune file in along side the factory tune, so anyone can look and see if its tune sided, If anyone has any ideas, I will see if i can try them and get back with a response on whether or not it worked(just know the tune i received isn't the exact same as what i have here, if needed i can add it later if anyone asks for it)

Mod wise, the car is mostly stock but has a few things, The Air Box has been hollowed out recently and has a K&N Drop in Filter, the tune, and a Shift Kit on the trans. The car does have 169k Miles and the trans has been rebuilt(the shop that rebuilt installed the shift kit) within the last 10k miles.

Potential Tuner
    i did forget to mention that if you turn the car off, and within 3 or so minutes it starts, but sounds almost as if it is about to die, but does remain started, The car's throttle body has recently been cleaned and the Mass air flow sensor has been swapped out as well. Also has a new MAP sensor as well.