Thread: It pains me to ask but..anyone have inj data for the tall Deka 60's for a S/C 3800?

Advanced Tuner

It pains me to ask but..anyone have inj data for the tall Deka 60's for a S/C 3800?

You have no idea how much this pains me to ask.

You can search any post I've made on any forum or group in the past 10 years bitching about buying injectors from reputable companies and getting the data.

Yet here I am.

I'm tuning one of my best friends 2005 Impala SS w/ a S/C 3800 and I had him get a set of tall Deka 60's. I told him to get them from VSRacing, but it's been so long since he bought them, he can't remember where he got them from or if he even listened to me.

I've been burning up Google for the past hour trying to find data. There is a ton of info for the LS platform, but I haven't found anything for these 3.8's.

I appreciate the help...

Senior Tuner
    Might ask ZZP for the data. They sell Deka 60's.

Advanced Tuner
    He went back and checked and he got them from Intense Racing. I asked him to email them, hopefully they have it.

Senior Tuner
    If you get it would you mind posting it here? It's a common issue.

I have SD60 data if you need it.
    Fwd v6, return style FPR with vacuum reference

if you go looking around siemens' website, they have advertised the SD60s have linear capabilities at lower pulsewidths, and the advertised minimum injector pulsewidth is 1.5ms

somewhere around there the linearity changes or whatever. ive found if i set my min pw to the 1.5ms (on the 3100 v6 i had them in) it was always really saturated and threatened to be rich at idle and transients almost assuredly resulted in some misfiring.

however, if i set my min PW at .50, it seemed to idle very stable and transients didnt cause misfires.

i also want to note that the transition from 1.5ms to anything higher always resulted in misfires, unless i started with a smaller minimum injector pulsewidth.
    the car would idle pretty good around 1.3ms, cruise at around 1.5-1.8ms as i recall.

minimum injector pulsewidth might not be a parameter hptuners has mapped for your PCM, but if its a P04, you can map the parameter yourself. theres a tutorial to creating parameters floating on this forum.

next up,

this is a subject of alot of controversy: but i found if i tuned my VE table, transients were really smooth with the SD60s also. alot of guys say its not necessary in the maf based systems, but again, and what feels like for once and for all; ***alot of them use VE for transients***. its a parameter that was never mapped by the coders in hptuners for the P04, but its a parameter that can be created using TunerPRo. its called "transient airmass calculation", and again most of the fwd v6's ive messed with are set to use the VE for transients. 3100, 3400, 3800 v6s

attached is the last running tune i had of my turbo 3100 lumina with sd60s as well as some pertinent data for sd60s in LS1 pcms.
    if its manifold referenced FPR with a return, copy the first lines at 0kpa, and put them accross the table to 100kpa. if its non vac referenced FPR, you'll need to do some math for the 100kpa segment if this provided data doesnt suit.

hope some of this helps.

Deka 60s Conversion.xlsx
    99 lumina 5psi maf SD60.hpt
    Sometimes money isnt an issue, sometimes it is. Sometimes time is an issue, sometimes it isnt. Never at the same time are they both not an issue.
    -79 c10 8.2L th400 holley efi. T6 s480 coming soon.
    -99 lumina 3100, 2 bar- SD60, 255lph, with a T04e
    -03 trailblazer, soon to get a S366

Advanced Tuner
    I appreciate the replies. He did hear back from them and honestly wasn't that much help. They provided the general data that you can find anywhere and "lag" info. Not for sure exactly what they are referring to and what they gave, looks nothing like any table in HPT.
    Basically it was, multiply the stock 36.5lb/hr flow rate by 1.644 and BAAMMM, that's all you need brother.

Which brings me to my thing, there are 3 tables for injectors;
    flow rate vs kpa
    offset vs volts
    offset vs PW vs MAP

There's no minimum PW, no transient tables, WTF.

Do you just have to change the flow rate and it magically works? I'm slightly suspect.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Vbb1994 View Post
    if you go looking around siemens' website, they have advertised the SD60s have linear capabilities at lower pulsewidths, and the advertised minimum injector pulsewidth is 1.5ms

somewhere around there the linearity changes or whatever. ive found if i set my min pw to the 1.5ms (on the 3100 v6 i had them in) it was always really saturated and threatened to be rich at idle and transients almost assuredly resulted in some misfiring.

however, if i set my min PW at .50, it seemed to idle very stable and transients didnt cause misfires.

i also want to note that the transition from 1.5ms to anything higher always resulted in misfires, unless i started with a smaller minimum injector pulsewidth.
    the car would idle pretty good around 1.3ms, cruise at around 1.5-1.8ms as i recall.

minimum injector pulsewidth might not be a parameter hptuners has mapped for your PCM, but if its a P04, you can map the parameter yourself. theres a tutorial to creating parameters floating on this forum.

next up,

this is a subject of alot of controversy: but i found if i tuned my VE table, transients were really smooth with the SD60s also. alot of guys say its not necessary in the maf based systems, but again, and what feels like for once and for all; ***alot of them use VE for transients***. its a parameter that was never mapped by the coders in hptuners for the P04, but its a parameter that can be created using TunerPRo. its called "transient airmass calculation", and again most of the fwd v6's ive messed with are set to use the VE for transients. 3100, 3400, 3800 v6s

attached is the last running tune i had of my turbo 3100 lumina with sd60s as well as some pertinent data for sd60s in LS1 pcms.
    if its manifold referenced FPR with a return, copy the first lines at 0kpa, and put them accross the table to 100kpa. if its non vac referenced FPR, you'll need to do some math for the 100kpa segment if this provided data doesnt suit.

hope some of this helps.

Deka 60s Conversion.xlsx
    99 lumina 5psi maf SD60.hpt
    Thank you for the reply. It is a P04.

I was going to ask if anyone uses TunerPro for these PCM's or if there is any benefit.

Advanced Tuner
    I found a stock bin for TunerPro but can not find a XDF to be able to view it.