Thread: 2017 Mustang GT A6 - can't get it to raise RPM limit???

2017 Mustang GT A6 - can't get it to raise RPM limit???

Hey folks,

I have a 2017 Mustang GT with automatic transmission that I'm really struggling with trying to raise the rev limiter. I have what I thought was all of the transmission limiters and engine limiters adjusted but it's still cutting at 6800RPM which is where the factory limiters are from my understanding. The car has the upgraded oil pump gear and some other supporting mods so I'd really like to take advantage of some additional RPM's.

I have the tune file attached. Can someone take a peek and let me know what I'm missing?
    TUNE-MPVI2_0008-drive5.hpt

Thank you!!

Advanced Tuner
    You need to increase the Rpm limiters in the transmission tab and increase your shift map which is scheduled to shift at around 6800.

As I understood it, which may not be correct, the "Shift Map" tables are for non-WOT pedal positions however I see that position 14 is considered 100% throttle. I'm just curious why it wouldn't go off of the WOT table...or do you have to change position 14 and WOT together?

Advanced Tuner
    You still have limiters set to 7000 Rpm.
    If you want better drivability, scale the shift schedule up to your new shift points, 6800 to 7800. The shifts less than wot would need adjusting. If you were increasing it to 7000 or 7200. You could leave the shift map alone, I'd tune for power and drivability, myself.

Would you recommend scaling the whole table up so that the max RPM limit reflects the goal, or only scale the high pedal position cells and blend a bit into the rest?

Advanced Tuner
    If it's your car, tune the car to drive the way you want it to drive. The shift schedule never goes untouched. Disable torque based shifting and anticipation and tune it. If you wanted it to be done quick, just do the bottom 3 rows.
    If you're targeting 7800 Rpm, make sure to set your limiters higher than that. You'll hit the limiter every time with it set at the same Rpm as your shift.