Thread: Snap Throttle Lag

Tuner in Training

Snap Throttle Lag

Car is a 2013 SXT AWD 3.6l 8 speed. I know this subject has been beat to death, but I have searched here and many other sites trying to figure out this throttle lag that plagues so many cars. I can, if I so choose, make the throttle so sensitive that under normal driving conditions it is undriveable. The issue is, even when set that sensitive under normal conditions, if the throttle is moved rapidly, as if to quickly pull out in traffic, it will lag really bad. It seems to be some sort of torque management kicking in when snapping the throttle open. I have adjusted all the DD tables as well as airflow tables, along with TQ/Airflow tables and nothing has made any impact on the issue. I have disabled all the visible and available throttle related TQ management settings, no change. Can watch on log and see pedal instantly goes to higher voltage but throttle plate slowly rises to match the more open position. Is there some sort tq management that is possibly not adjustable due to protecting the AWD? It doesn't matter whether it is in AWD or not, still lags. TIA for any more suggestions and help with this.

I don't know those v6 cars all that well, but the Pedal % tables and Pedal expected tables play a great role in what your talking about.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

I found pedal follower to help out here.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    I don't know those v6 cars all that well, but the Pedal % tables and Pedal expected tables play a great role in what your talking about.
    Thanks for the reply. Those are the tables that I have been adjusting. I can get it to have what some call the "light switch" effect on light to moderate throttle, but as soon as I snap the throttle open, it lags really bad.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    I found pedal follower to help out here.
    Thanks for the reply. I will give that one a try.