Thread: 2023 Silverado Global B Final Costs

2023 Silverado Global B Final Costs

This is my first post and I've done my darndest to dig up as much info as I could prior to making it. I would like to do aftermarket performance upgrades and those of course require a tune. Everything I find always points back to HPTuners so here I am.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

MPCI3 hardware: $400.00
    E90 ECM Service: $1000.00
    8 Credits for ECM: $400.00
    T93 TCM Service: $400.00
    4 Credits for TCM: $200.00
    Total: $2,400.00

Of course the items I have listed above do not include the shipping for the ECM and TCM nor an idea of how long one should expect that process to take. In the end I'm simply looking for clarity and can assume I'm not alone.

Thank you for whatever info you are able to provide in advance. I look forward to seeing the response.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks correct
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Awesome! I hate it when I need to go into sleuth mode to try and price something but I understand there's complexities.

Just one more question. Once the ECM has the E90 service and tuning is 'unlocked' does that also allow me to disable DFM?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    unlocking the ecm simply allows you to read it.

Credits will allow you to license it so that you can make changes to the calibration and then flash those changes to the ecm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I took the advice of your signature and a quick Google search resulted in a link to HPTuners YouTube channel where it shows exactly how to disable the fuel management.

I'm also curious if the tune would need to be re-applied if, after unlocking and modifying the ECM and TCM, GM decides to push an over-the-air update?
    Lastly, would it cause any issues with factory sensors in the display or GM tracking app when it comes to stuff like oil life, tire pressure, etc.? (not a deal breaker but simply curious)

Yes, HP Tuners can enable/disabled DoD/AFM, and allow me to explain how this meets emissions standards, as this has caused confusion in the past for some.
    The OEM must certify their calibrations in both forms, DoD/AFM enabled and disabled. Both must pass emissions certifications, and the result must be the same. If there is an emissions difference, a second certification must be obtained for the calibration that differs. So in both circumstances, all OEM vehicles that have a DoD/AFM feature are both certified and meet all emissions standards with it "enabled" and it "disabled".
    Regarding over-the-air updates, once you flash your vehicle with a compliant calibration, over-the-air updates will be disabled. All remaining functions like diagnostics, scanning and logging remain as per normal. This prevents an accidental reflash.