Thread: MPVI 2 not syncing

Potential Tuner

MPVI 2 not syncing

Good evening,
    First post.
    I have been having troubles since Friday when I updated my VCM suite. My gut is telling me its my drivers on my lab top. When I look under device manager its showing my MPVI2 as a serial USB converter. i have updated all VCM software and what I believe are the right drivers. Running the most up-to-date windows 10. I do have a support ticket i am not a computer tech person but i am no dummy either just beating my head agianst the wall since Friday.

Chain of events

1 updated VCM suite Friday
    2 tried loading new tune from tuner to my car I get the message unlicensed tune no option to purchase credits.
    3 I thought ok so i bought two credits.
    4 I resynced my device hp tuners prompted the message complete.
    5 It did not update.
    6 did research on how to sync found several people saying to delete file Documents/hptuners/settings/licenses i deleted the files and tried to resync again message saying completed. checked under license in editor and its blank.
    7 by deleting the license file it would not even give me the chance to write to vehicle its grayed out.

Potential Tuner
    ANY help will be apparated!

Potential Tuner
    I think James with HP tuners figured it out. I had to update the firmware in the MPVI2. I will not be able to test it unit I am back home with my car next week.