Thread: Tire wizard TCC lock up

Tuner in Training

Tire wizard TCC lock up

hey all. really new to tuning. ive been reading and watching many videos though. im currently just running my 2019 LD silverado 6l80 with dod turned off and TCC unlocked 1-3rd. today messing around i adjusted my tire size on HPT to my proper size and looking at everything that it automatically calibrated. i noticed that in my pattern A ,tow haul that it has my TCC apply in 2nd and 3rd both set to the same speed. stock they were offset by 1 MPH. why would this be and will it cause me any issues

i also noticed that it messed with my 318 MPH lock up speed and unlock speed of 317 for 1-3. it changed the unlock to 318 so i ended up with 318 on both lock and unlock. slightly scared of what else it may have messed with that im not noticing.

thanks in advanced

Those changes will not effect your driving unless you are going 317 miles and hour and want it to not shift until 318. In that case you may want to go a different direction. All kidding aside, you will be fine. Use a tape measure for tire diameter NOT what is on the tire. Then get to 65 to 75 and use your phone GPS to fine tune if it is needed. Most 95% of the time I am only off by a mile or two at the most.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the tip. ill measure for an accurate size. so my lock up in 2nd and 3rd on tow haul mode being the same speed isnt an issue? logically i dont think it should be but you dont know what you dont know , ya know lol

also side note i was looking at my full throttle tow haul pattern on my stock tune and i noticed that 1st apply and first release are also the exact same speed 17 mph. this also seems odd to me.

i found some things that seemed odd on my stock tune from the get go. for example on my normal pattern 1st gear tcc was set to 318 but first release was set to 8 mph. this is very different than any other stock tunes ive seen posted on here. maybe previous owner tinkered with it ? or gm relased some wild updates. idk but the truck always had a clunk down shifting that is now gone after getting rid of lock up on 1st - 3rd
    Last edited by Mike1208; 09-18-2023 at 08:09 PM.

I suggest BlueCat transmission tool. It is fantastic. Developed by a guy on here actually.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    I suggest BlueCat transmission tool. It is fantastic. Developed by a guy on here actually.
    i actually just used it last night. it really did some great things for my shifts.