Thread: modest tune BC tool daily driver occasional towing

Tuner in Training

modest tune BC tool daily driver occasional towing

hey all. could i get a set of eyes to check my tune out on my 2019 LD 6l80 1500. its a stock truck with mishimoto aux transcooler and Gm updated TBV ( as far as engine and transmission goes )
    i used the blue cat tool to adjust the shift points and make it down shift a little quicker on hills. im very new to tuning, im just trying to tune for longevity of the truck. i do tow a 5k camper sometimes in tow haul. id love some feed back and for someone to let me know if im doing anything wrong.
    thanks in advanced
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike1208; 09-19-2023 at 07:54 PM.

Senior Tuner
    0 your slip tables
    Look at your lock up mph points. You want it locked in at least 5th & 6th gear. Most people run it unlocked either 1->3 or 1->4. Up to you what feels best.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    0 your slip tables
    Look at your lock up mph points. You want it locked in at least 5th & 6th gear. Most people run it unlocked either 1->3 or 1->4. Up to you what feels best.
    i currently have 1-3 unlocked , i was slightly scared of going to 0 on the slip tables cause i read some people with the stock converter were experiencing fishbite/chuggle from this.

as far as tow haul goes should i have the first couple gears unlocked there as well?

Tuner in Training
    heres my stock tune to compare to what ive changed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You can zero out tcc desired slip and it will still slip. Read up about the TCC Regulator Offset.