Thread: Lsa create engine &6l80e

Potential Tuner

Lsa create engine &6l80e

1 have Landcruiser that has had GM performance LSA create engine and ecu fitted and with 6l80e trans out of VE commodore is there a way to change operating system in transmission to get it work with create LSA ECU.

Senior Tuner
    I've done this before.. I made a kit for it even. However I don't know for sure if it will work for LSA.

https://www.pcmofnc.com/product/gmpp...g-harness-kit/

I didn't change the GMPP operating system. I'll try to look in my notes for which 6l80e OS got along with it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Found it..

fairly certain it is a 08 A6 Vette TCM file. You can write entire 6l80's without issue it seems.

I did this one car, made a kit from it. Years ago.. And I don't think I've sold one since. The original car is actually a personal one.. 82 C10 with a Cammed 5.3L GMPP harness and 6l80e. I drove it today. But at this point I might take the kits down from the website. Its been so long at this point I can barely remember how it even worked.

Capture.PNG
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Hi
    Thanks would you have a file to flash into trans as with the current software that it has in doesn't shift and the engine ecu is what gm performance has put in there and vin in ecu is part number

Senior Tuner
    There is more than just flashing that file in. but you should be able to get any 2008 A6 file off the repository and just write the TCM
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Potential Tuner
    Hi
    ok Thanks will try that

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Found it..

fairly certain it is a 08 A6 Vette TCM file. You can write entire 6l80's without issue it seems.

I did this one car, made a kit from it. Years ago.. And I don't think I've sold one since. The original car is actually a personal one.. 82 C10 with a Cammed 5.3L GMPP harness and 6l80e. I drove it today. But at this point I might take the kits down from the website. Its been so long at this point I can barely remember how it even worked.

Capture.PNG
    Hi would you be able to email a copy of that file to compare

Potential Tuner
    Hi Would you be able to email a copy of the file to compare

Advanced Tuner
    you cant write an 08 tune to anything newer than 2009. the techm's are different. with hpt it may brick it, but with other software you can recover. I've tested it.

Potential Tuner
    Hi
    I have Tried to changing Speedo and shift to throttle but auto wont shift gears in Data display it changes and commands. Gear Change up to 4th but solenoid don't change and it just stays in one gear.

Advanced Tuner
    need to post what the os version are on the trans & ecu. what you explain sounds like the box is going to limp mode.

check for dtc's. bet your getting some can based errors.