Thread: Boss 302 - Red Key

Potential Tuner

Boss 302 - Red Key

Very basic question here. I want to keep the Silver and Red key abilities (IE if I use silver key its more drivable, if I use red key it adds the tune with loppy idle). All I would like is add a stronger loopy idle to the red track key only. Is this possible with HP tuners? I seem to read different stories.

Advanced Tuner
    Just looking at the tune in hpt looks like it’s possible but I have not tested this.

Potential Tuner
    Do you work at a tune shop or have recommendations on one to get with (if this is allowed)? I would love to buy what ever equipment and support to make this happen.

Advanced Tuner
    I do a little on the side from time to time. Unfortunately everything I’ve seen from probtuners has been not that good so I can’t recommend any. I would recommend getting an mvpi, reading your tune, and then checking back here for guidance on changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you can tune it as long as you have both keys in your tune file.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I will order the MPVI3. Next question is how many credits will I need? (2 or 4 with the 2 keys?) It's so strange trying to find a tuner that can do this. I actually had two different techs from the same unnamed company, one said it will work another said I would lose my red key though. So, I guess the place to start is get the tuner and read my tune file and see?

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I do a little on the side from time to time. Unfortunately everything I?ve seen from probtuners has been not that good so I can?t recommend any.
    Jezus christ...

"Dont talk to pros, listen im a guy from internet I know better"...best advice ever given...

Quote Originally Posted by dhill835 View Post
    Very basic question here. I want to keep the Silver and Red key abilities (IE if I use silver key its more drivable, if I use red key it adds the tune with loppy idle). All I would like is add a stronger loopy idle to the red track key only. Is this possible with HP tuners? I seem to read different stories.
    Yes you can but this is not that simple. You want to keep idle in emission reduction which this calibration allows.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Jezus christ...

"Dont talk to pros, listen im a guy from internet I know better"...best advice ever given...
    …says guy from internet peddling tunes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dhill835 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I will order the MPVI3. Next question is how many credits will I need? (2 or 4 with the 2 keys?) It's so strange trying to find a tuner that can do this. I actually had two different techs from the same unnamed company, one said it will work another said I would lose my red key though. So, I guess the place to start is get the tuner and read my tune file and see?
    You just need 2 credits. Its one file and the TracKey parameters show up as additional tabs within the tune.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    You just need 2 credits. Its one file and the TracKey parameters show up as additional tabs within the tune.
    Thank you. I ordered with 4 credits. Hopefully at some point will be able to use the other 2 with Dark Horse.