Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LS2 or GEN 3?

Tuner in Training

LS2 or GEN 3?

I currently have an early LS2 in my 1986 camaro. Its a 6.0 aluminium block with a 24x crank sensor. My ECU is from a 2002 Z28 Camaro. When looking up tunes and help, what do i search for? LS2 or GEN3 6.0? (LQ4)

I cant get this car to idle correctly. I will post a log file of a cold start.

CHASE_CAMARO_ROUGH_LOG.hpl

Give us a build breakdown and I'm sure we can offer better help.

Also post the actual tune so we can see what you've changed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

2005 & 2006 E40 LS2 files have most all of the tables in similar format as P01/P59 files.

Tuner in Training
    Car is a 1986 Camaro Sport Coupe
    Engine is an LS2 (early) with 24x crank sensor
    ECU is from a 2002 Camaro Z28 LS1

Mods
    230/238 .600/.604 112+2 Camshaft
    Trickflow 225 heads
    FAST LSXr 102 intake with 92mm DBC TB
    Full Length Headers
    Deakle Camaro_Read_OGTUNE.hpt

Tuner in Training
    The tune above is the tune I pulled from the ECU when I bought the car. the tune below is that same tune with an edited VE table that I found. The car will not idle. I have to play with the throttle. Also I have LS3 fuel rail and injextors.

Deakle Camaro_Read_SAMPLE_TEST.hpt

What is the part number on the injectors? 'Cause I've never seen any LS3 injector that was 49lb-hr.

What is your fuel system (regulator type) and fuel pressure?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    What is the part number on the injectors? 'Cause I've never seen any LS3 injector that was 49lb-hr.

What is your fuel system (regulator type) and fuel pressure?

The regulator is a remote regulator attached to the front fender well. (No brand)
    Looks to be 58-60 psi.
    Where did you see 49lb-hr? Is that in the tune somewhere?
    Last edited by MrDeakle93; 09-21-2023 at 07:19 PM.

'Fuel system type' affects how the injector data is set up. It's different depending on whether there is a vacuum reference hose going from intake manifold to regulator. If there is a vacuum hose it's 'referenced' or 'return-style', and fuel pressure is constantly variable 1:1 with manifold vacuum. If there is no vacuum hose even if it is an external regulator, even if there is a separate return hose back to the tank, then it is 'returnless' style and always has the same fuel pressure no matter what the intake vacuum is doing.

Your file has some sort of data in it set up for 'returnless', so if your regulator is referenced then that's wrong.

screenshot.21-09-2023 19.48.07.png

Did you mean 'LS3 fuel rail and LS2 injectors'? That 0280158049 number is not a LS3 injector. There should be a GM 8-digit part number on them somewhere. If they came from Amazon, throw them in the garbage.

Tuner
    There are a few good videos on you tube. A few things to set first. 1. fuel injector flow rate. Depending on the throttle body it might need some work to the idle air valve.

Check out this video
    https://youtu.be/vAQhoETdsRg?si=n_gIleLTlD7t8_dk
    and
    https://youtu.be/423ZMUHPRu4?si=nCotlbnrDiqxdfQk

It needs all of the injector data correct for the actual parts being used, not just the flow rate. Flow rate is the least important of the Big Four tables, because flow rate is linear and can be compensated for with the VE/MAF. The other tables are decidedly nonlinear and not something you can just guess at or tweak until it runs good.

Tuner in Training
    I based that on what I was told when I purchased the car. I can check the GM part number real quick. I do have a port on the fuel regulator but nothing is going to it. It looks to be a 1/8 barb and when i googled it, it states that its for a gauge. The fuel rail is a stock LS3 fuel rail that i believe is a return style system as I have a hose coming from supply and a hose going to return on the regulator. What move do you recommend I make next?

Nothing, until you can get an injector part number and get the right data in there. Injector data is the foundation that everything else is built on top of, it affects everything else.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Nothing, until you can get an injector part number and get the right data in there. Injector data is the foundation that everything else is built on top of, it affects everything else.

6-14-05-10-21500

This is the only other number.

If there is a vacuum hose going to the top of the regulator, it is 'return style'.

If there is no vacuum hose, even if there is a separate return hose back to the tank, then it is 'returnless'; the correct technical term is 'non-referenced'.

A regulator on the firewall with no vacuum hose, and an internal regulator inside the tank with no vacuum hose, and a Corvette-style filter-regulator with no vacuum hose, all use the same injector data config.

A regulator with a vacuum hose, whether it's a stock rail-mounted regulator or an aftermarket reg, all use the same injector data config.

It's the presence or absence of the vacuum hose that matters, not how many fuel hoses there are or where the regulator is mounted. With the vacuum hose, pressure automagically adjusts. With no vacuum hose, it does not.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...0&q=0280158049

Lack of reputable (non-Amazon) sources is not promising. Those other numbers are not part numbers.

Tuner in Training
    Im going to start lookimg for new injectors. Recommendations?

Tuner in Training
    Also. Can I adjust the flow rate to what these are supposed to be and see how that does?

Where do you get the correct data for mystery Amazon injectors?

Tuner in Training
    You?re 100% correct. Just been racking my brain over this. I finally found a decent picture online that actually shows the part number and none of mine have it. The Oem has the first number I sent and the part number. Mine only has the first number. I apologize if I?m being a nuisance. This is my first go at fuel injection and tuning.