Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seadoo gtx 170hp

Potential Tuner
    Interesting. One of the big questions I have is the extent of maintenance functions in hp tuners.

For this example, would one be able to over-write model number so the ecu wakes up as a 170?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kfranc View Post
    i logging with AFR and data stream added
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Interesting. One of the big questions I have is the extent of maintenance functions in hp tuners.

For this example, would one be able to over-write model number so the ecu wakes up as a 170?
    cannot change model number with HP Tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranc View Post
    i logging with AFR and data stream added
    send me some data

Potential Tuner
    Hi All

I would like to read my Seadoo 2023 GTI170 se with HPtuners but am not having any Luck , Does anybody have any tips for me ?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrybechet View Post
    Hi All

I would like to read my Seadoo 2023 GTI170 se with HPtuners but am not having any Luck , Does anybody have any tips for me ?
    are you using the beta software?

Quote Originally Posted by gerrybechet View Post
    Hi All

pay a tuner for service

Potential Tuner
    Dealer tech had no luck changing the model number in BUDS to make a unlock the 130. I know there are different levels of licensing, is that the issue?

Wondering if it makes sense to just get hp tuners and either alter the appropriate oem data to make an unrestricted 87 octane ski, or is it possible to realize some additional potential without having to run premium pump with an otherwise stock ski...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Dealer tech had no luck changing the model number in BUDS to make a unlock the 130. I know there are different levels of licensing, is that the issue?

Wondering if it makes sense to just get hp tuners and either alter the appropriate oem data to make an unrestricted 87 octane ski, or is it possible to realize some additional potential without having to run premium pump with an otherwise stock ski...
    I believe you do need additional licensing capability above the "Dealer Tech" level in BUDS2 to be able to accomplish the update.

The ways to update the 130 -> 170:

1. Send ecu to a tuner and they can just modify eeprom(not sure everyone knows how to do this ask first).
    2. Send ecu to someone with BUDS2 and appropriate license level that can just convert it to 170.
    3. Just tune the maps with HPTuners, the variant maps are what youd look at, first variant(s) are 170 maps, second is the 130, you can copy over essentially. I think only oddball one was a torque limiter if i remember correctly if going the "tune way". Think of variants as "map switching" the specific variants used are determined by the coding(It being set as a 130 or 170 in buds2).

As for the fuel type debate, thats up to you I only did the 170 conversion via BUDS2 and dont want to bother with 93 octane. Not worth it for the little bit of extra gain. The difference from the 130 to 170 is good, and I feel the 170 is a great all around fun power level that does not leave me needing more(like the 130 did). I also have a tuned RXPX, so I know a faster ski well, and am still happy with the 170.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks RaraK69!

Yes, thats what I was thinking. I convinced the tech to just bring home buds dongle and brp cable, Id bring the burner laptop with a 7 day mechatronics license.

I dont want to hassle with 93 for that ski. I will be putting a cam in that 230 at some point, so HP Tuners for that!

Im sure Ill have plenty of questions, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!