Thread: Can-Am Ryker

Tuner in Training

Can-Am Ryker

Where would I find the tunes for the Can-Am Ryker. We have a 2022 ryker 900 Ace with a turbo running a power vision from dynojet but I am interested in swapping over to HP tuners with hopefully more support and features.

I am not savvy with tuning but I would love to learn more and I think the platform to learn on would be this. The dynojet community is not really open it's pretty much tuners and no diyers.

Quote Originally Posted by DereckR View Post
    Where would I find the tunes for the Can-Am Ryker. We have a 2022 ryker 900 Ace with a turbo running a power vision from dynojet but I am interested in swapping over to HP tuners with hopefully more support and features.

I am not savvy with tuning but I would love to learn more and I think the platform to learn on would be this. The dynojet community is not really open it's pretty much tuners and no diyers.
    can you read vehicle and send a stock file ?

Tuner

HP Tuners does not supply tunes.. you have to make your own from your stock file.
    or buy a tune from a tuner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    can you read vehicle and send a stock file ?
    We currently have an older RTD we were going to send in and upgrade to a newer MPVI3. However I wanted to find out if we would be able to before spending the money. I am assuming the MPVI3 will read the stock tune? I had to send my ECU off originally to DynoJet because they ddin't support the 2022. They do now after they got the stock tune off of it.

Tuner in Training
    I received the adapter today and tried to read the tune with the dynojet tune and just said it was unable to read. I was hoping it could read the values of that tune but I guess we will start from there.

I will be reaching out to ruthless shortly.

Tuner in Training
    Haven't received anything back from ruthless yet. Anyone else interested in assisting us on tuning Can-Am. We are finding very few tuners will touch it which is what I was afraid of.

Haven't received anything back from ruthless yet. Anyone else interested in assisting us on tuning Can-Am. We are finding very few tuners will touch it which is what I was afraid of.
    I would love to tune it, I could make it work well, but how do I do it if you don't have the file? I don't have it either. I'll try to look for it but I doubt I'll find anything here.
    tuning and high performance
    my contacts is
    email [email protected]
    whatsapp +58 4149648393
    instagram quickxstep

Tuner
    We currently have an older RTD we were going to send in and upgrade to a newer MPVI3. However I wanted to find out if we would be able to before spending the money. I am assuming the MPVI3 will read the stock tune? I had to send my ECU off originally to DynoJet because they ddin't support the 2022. They do now after they got the stock tune off of it.
    the MPVI does not read the tune from the ECM, when you "read" the ECM, you download a stock tune from HP Tuners.
    if they do not have a tune for your vehicle, you'd have to send them your ECM so they can read it.

Tuner in Training

If I can help.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    the MPVI does not read the tune from the ECM, when you "read" the ECM, you download a stock tune from HP Tuners.
    if they do not have a tune for your vehicle, you'd have to send them your ECM so they can read it.
    I am a Gen 1. Spyder Pilot (picked up the desire for 3 wheels after a near fatal head on collision with a Drunk Driver on my Suzuki in 2017) and would like to lend anything I may have or can do to expanding the support for BRP platforms. Ive owned a few Aprillasin the past and know the Rotax is solid and suprised that there isnt more of those who own these powerplants out there looking to better them given how many different manufacturers used them. From snow Machines to Moto GP they were and still are solid and reliable. a more recent and recognized list would be BRP products such as Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo Personal Watercraft, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles as well as for karts and recreational aircraft. t

So has there been any progress on the BRP/Rotax scene since I last checked? Had a transmission in my 2010 Spyder RS-S last summer and in my search for diagnostic solutions stumbled upon HP tuners possibilities. The MPVI2was the answer for my LS swap i successfully completed in 2019 and was excited that it might serve me well with another Vehicle I own. Im not claiming to be a "tuner" by any stretch however I do love to learn anything I can. The ability to read codes and diagnose on my Can Am has helped me fix a few issues and hopefully a tune for VCM editor might give the ability to better its performance and reliability to avoid problems down the road.

I replied to this thread because i saw mention of the MPVI and the MPVI3 somewherebut no mention of the MPVI2. Id like to think I dont have to upgrade to keep up. The systems of that era should be compatable with the tech of the same period, yes? There was mention of sending in ones ECM in to obtain a stock tune file. Is that a service that needs to be explored in order to make the next step? Sending it into who exactly? Where? Or did I misunderstand that somehow?

Anyway just the newest questions I had when i thought I would check in on the search for an answwer to tunethe Rotax.

Thanks in advance.

C. Allen Pinney
    Help me OBD2wan Kanobee, Your my only hope!