Thread: MPVI2 drivers will not install

Potential Tuner

MPVI2 drivers will not install

I have had this MPVI2 interface for about a year and a half. I bought it for tuning my transmission in a Cummins swapped F250. I have done my truck and a buddies and then the interface sat on a shelf until today I pulled it out to mess around with my truck this afternoon and now the interface will sync nor is it even recognized as being plugged into the computer. The light comes on the interface but it will not be recognized by VMC editor. I have uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything but the interface drivers fail to install. It has the interface listed as FT230x under other devices and when you click on the driver details it states there are non installed for the device. I have no clue how to get the drivers to install to get this interface working again. A buddy told me that HPtuners is starting to brick these units which is total BS when people need them to use them for previous tunes at a minimum. Seems to me if you paid for credits to do tunes then you should always be able to access and edit those tunes right? Anyhow, i hope its just some kind of techical issue with my computer and not that this interface has been disabled.

On a side note, I did install VCDS to do some trouble shooting on a VW TDI engine. I struggled to get it working but finally did. I do not think I messed with anything that would cause this interface issues but maybe so? Any help would sure be nice.

Potential Tuner
    I finally found drivers that would actually install. The interface is now syncing and I was able to get in and edit my tune on my trucks transmission.