Thread: 3.5l rebuild no boost help

Potential Tuner

3.5l rebuild no boost help

I recently rebuilt this motor, I replaced the Turbos with some upgraded turbo cores. I also replaced the BOV and wastegates with Turbo smart. I am new to tuning at this point I am just using the scanner with the stock tune to try to figure out what is going on. Both files are with the car parked idling with some revs, on the 2nd file I did put the car in reverse and revved with the brake on to see if any of the turbo channels and wastage data changed. On the first log/idle run I could hear the turbos spool up when I first started the truck. I notice if I turn the truck off and the restart I never hear the turbos spool back up. I also noticed on the first run the boost pressure seemed to increase with the revs, not so much on the 2nd run. At this point I am afraid to drive the truck around without knowing what is wrong on the turbo front. I am not getting any DTC codes either.

Any info helps I am not sure what to expect at idle with some revs, I also never hear the turbo smart blow off valves. Right now the BOV and wastegates are set to turbo smart factory settings Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Did you check wastegates to see if they were stuck?

Potential Tuner
    Yes the wastegate and the WG actuator will operate with a vacuum applied.

Potential Tuner
    11-12 or 13-16?