Thread: 2018 hellcat idle fuel issues

2018 hellcat idle fuel issues

I have a 2018 hellcat that I'm tuning in VE.
    I'm having trouble with the idle trims .
    Bank 1 is adding 12% and bank 2 is adding 3% .. the problem is no matter what value I put in the VE for the corresponding rpm/aircharge the trims never change when the car is sitting still.. once I'm moving everything works fine.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Could the Injector PW Min need to be lowered?

Got a log file ?

honestly wouldn't bother with ve unless you put a cam in the hellcat. then its pretty much in my experience required. neural network makes it such a breeze to tune. it prevents stalling and a whole lot of other drivability problems that will need tending to. trims being off like that I'd consider a compression test on the cylinder that shows misfires under wot. 7 and 8 like to act up the most in a troubled hellcat in my experience. one time it was cyl 3. random else.

if you are set on ve then ensure both banks in ve are set the same. no pending p2628 I think it was, o2 pumping circuit performance. else got to do some mechanical verification.

Quote Originally Posted by Hpindy View Post
    I have a 2018 hellcat that I'm tuning in VE.
    I'm having trouble with the idle trims .
    Bank 1 is adding 12% and bank 2 is adding 3% .. the problem is no matter what value I put in the VE for the corresponding rpm/aircharge the trims never change when the car is sitting still.. once I'm moving everything works fine.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Is NN still enabled ?
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bug Two View Post
    Could the Injector PW Min need to be lowered?
    My PW at idle is 1.0 -1.2 ms

Quote Originally Posted by drumnbasslvr View Post
    honestly wouldn't bother with ve unless you put a cam in the hellcat. then its pretty much in my experience required. neural network makes it such a breeze to tune. it prevents stalling and a whole lot of other drivability problems that will need tending to. trims being off like that I'd consider a compression test on the cylinder that shows misfires under wot. 7 and 8 like to act up the most in a troubled hellcat in my experience. one time it was cyl 3. random else.

if you are set on ve then ensure both banks in ve are set the same. no pending p2628 I think it was, o2 pumping circuit performance. else got to do some mechanical verification.
    I'm not getting any misfires. . Yes there is a cam and a few other modifications that makes NN a real pain to tune . The car runs much better in VE. I have spent a lot of time dialing it in.. it's idle fueling that's driving me nuts .. no matter what I Change in the VE tables the LT trims never change. As soon as the wheels start to move even very slightly then the LT trims change.
    There must be a table thar controls fuel trims for idle while stopped .
    I will do a compresson test to verify all cylinders

Quote Originally Posted by f.creek-ranch View Post
    Got a log file ?
    Can I post one here ??

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    Is NN still enabled ?
    No it is not