Thread: On the right track?

Potential Tuner

On the right track?

hey fellas and fellettes, i have been slowly working on tuning my 2002 Grand Prix GTP m112 hybrid. Im new to tuning but i feel like im getting a handle on this slowly. I would like to ask the gurus of the tuner forum here if they think i am on the right track. Attached is a scan and the current tune i have been working on. (the VE table is from the original tuner not touched by me)
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Looks like that is making some pretty good power. Would you like some help with the MAF and VE?

Log these:
    -Dynamic Airflow, Mass Airflow, Volumetric Efficiency Airflow all as [Mass Flow Rate].

Where has the IAT sensor been located?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Looks like that is making some pretty good power. Would you like some help with the MAF and VE?

Log these:
    -Dynamic Airflow, Mass Airflow, Volumetric Efficiency Airflow all as [Mass Flow Rate].

Where has the IAT sensor been located?
    IAT is part of the maf. Currently the car had an LQ4 maf.
    I have been reading that the VE table really doesn't matter too much in a 3800. Am I right in this?

Senior Tuner
    The IAT needs to be in the manifold. Have to track how much the SC is heating it up.

Conceptually, I think VE does matter. I'd like to see if it's possible to do on these 3800's. Most don't touch VE because:
    - Supposedly a MAF-only control scheme.
    - Sometimes the factory VE table is nowhere near sensible, so some assume that it doesn't matter that much.
    - Failing the MAF in order to tune VE the standard way isn't possible due to no-start.

So, I'd like to try tuning your system with the DynAir method:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-the-Same-Time
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...airflow/page10

Besides, the MAF curve needs cleaned up.

(Fixed the broken links)
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 09-24-2023 at 12:15 PM.

Potential Tuner
    You said you would like to help tune my car? How so?

Senior Tuner
    See if you have those channels available to do the DynAir method. If so, then I'd apply feedback based on the wideband to make actual more closely match commanded. It's pretty off.