Thread: 8HP70 Sport mode on Ram 1500 Classic ? Faster shifts ?!?

Tuner in Training

8HP70 Sport mode on Ram 1500 Classic ? Faster shifts ?!?

Hi, is there a way to activate the sport mode / fully manual mode on 8HP70 on 2019 Ram 1500 Classic ?

The transmission ID changed between "0" for normal, "232" for Tow Mode, "81XX" when gear + or gear - but it has no effect on shift speed. Gear+ or - doesn't trigger the fully manual mode and the Shift ID stays at 5 even if the Shift Pattern 27 refers to 27.

I've already modified the tables (Shift timing, shift pressure, etc) but I can't get the sport mode to activate so I can't get it to shift faster 1-2 or 2-3. I shaved around 80ms only. Transmission would no go on the sport mode so solenoids will not open soon enough (no Fast Fill).

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Hi, is there a way to activate the sport mode / fully manual mode on 8HP70 on 2019 Ram 1500 Classic ?

The transmission ID changed between "0" for normal, "232" for Tow Mode, "81XX" when gear + or gear - but it has no effect on shift speed. Gear+ or - doesn't trigger the fully manual mode and the Shift ID stays at 5 even if the Shift Pattern 27 refers to 27.

I've already modified the tables (Shift timing, shift pressure, etc) but I can't get the sport mode to activate so I can't get it to shift faster 1-2 or 2-3. I shaved around 80ms only. Transmission would no go on the sport mode so solenoids will not open soon enough (no Fast Fill).
    Hello Anakin,
    Most likely your base software does not has Sport Mode activated. HP Tuners does not has the parametrization available.
    It is either necessary to flash a new base software which has it activated "by factory" or work on the standard shifts which are available.

On manual mode, aggressiveness would vary based on the tune you currently have as well.

On "Fast filling" side, I am quite sure it is working on "standard aggressiveness" as well (standard shift process).

On "shift timing": it is possible to make them faster on "standard aggressiveness"

DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785
    Email: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thanks DodgeBoy, in this case I'll continue refining the tune for a better 2-3 Shift. I can't get it to shift faster than 400ms (Time taken from max RPM to min RPM next gear).