Thread: VE Table RPM vs Spark RPM should they match?

Tuner in Training

VE Table RPM vs Spark RPM should they match?

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question. I noticed when VE tunning I hit a "wall" of data around 3000rpm, meaning tons of cells and data points under 3000 but very few over 3000 even though I ran over 3k a lot on a given run. Over 3k is higher for the Pessure value pushing it toward the 1.0 mark so maybe a smaller range to record?
    . Had me wondering if there would be any benefit to matching the VE table rpm column headers to say the Part Throttle Base table? Does it matter? Or should they be different?

**Bonus Question** - Should I just expect VE Bank 2 to be off a little due to it not being directly monitored by my AFR gauge?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Data collected with DFCO on and in a normal daily driver tune for the car.

The Car-
    2010 Challenger
    2013 Charger Pursuit 5.7L with 6.1 Heads and Cam
    SRT Shorty Headers
    3.06 Getrag LSD
    Cervini's functional hood scoups air intake
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    To the best of my abilities it really doesn't matter where the rpm range is between ve tables and pt tables. Looking at the log you posted and your current tune the car when you floored it pulled a lot of timing 6.5 to what i was able to see. It really is not uncommon for a little difference between bank 1 and bank 2 ve tables but if you pull up the histogram chart for both you will get a much better reading and adaptations for ve. Other then that if your histogram is one way for bank1 just copy and paste it to bank2.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question. I noticed when VE tunning I hit a "wall" of data around 3000rpm, meaning tons of cells and data points under 3000 but very few over 3000 even though I ran over 3k a lot on a given run. Over 3k is higher for the Pessure value pushing it toward the 1.0 mark so maybe a smaller range to record?
    . Had me wondering if there would be any benefit to matching the VE table rpm column headers to say the Part Throttle Base table? Does it matter? Or should they be different?

**Bonus Question** - Should I just expect VE Bank 2 to be off a little due to it not being directly monitored by my AFR gauge?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Data collected with DFCO on and in a normal daily driver tune for the car.

The Car-
    2010 Challenger
    2013 Charger Pursuit 5.7L with 6.1 Heads and Cam
    SRT Shorty Headers
    3.06 Getrag LSD
    Cervini's functional hood scoups air intake

ALL RPM scales should end at the same point, exception is WOT , there's a reason they guys who wrote the Original OS systems made sure all the important scales match.

it' doesn't hurt if they are not, but from my experience tunes seem to be less glitchie(if that's even a word.).

Bank two VE is different for a few reasons, one is how air flows through the Intake, when I run a 4/7 swap cam and a single plane intake VE on Bank two is almost identical to bank 1.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

My middle Kid was one of the guys who wrote Code for DCX and FCA , THERE is A RESON the match from the factory,
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph