Thread: Gauge

Tuner in Training

Gauge

I added an Oil pressure and AFR ratio gauge but I can not get the needle to appear in the VCM SCanner. When I scan others logs The needle appears and works but whenever I go to do it with my own logs, I get no reading?

are they configured

1st off you need the pro version to add your afr is what i understand - got that ? " the pro version " ??

i'm by no means an expert here !! .lol..........but after adding my afr ( aem )..
    duhhhhhhhh...i had hooked it up to a pc serial port.....instead of the lil green plug thing .......... got that str8'd out ... and expected bingo ! - nope not yet
    THEN ....it took me a while to realise it needed to be configured ...( actually a friend figured that out )
    _________user defined parameter_______ my guess is thats what you need to do click down there on the eio and add it ...luckily the aem numbers to click were listed
    ........someone will surely add a link to the instructions...or help you
    ....really only took a second to actually get it right -...... the instructions just confused me -
    email support - or use the " search " option

mine ( afr ) shows on the primary table and on the charts ( not the gauge page - i assume it could be put there ?)..and it works with some custom histos

if i misunderstood your question - nevermind ...lol...

i'm going to add a egt probe & ? gauge - and it will be back to the drawing board for me TOO figuring out HOW to configure that into my eio whatcha ma call it !......and make it scan !!!
    .....if you find instructions for that oil pressure gauge - ( and i'm on the right track with connecting it to the green plug - please pm me and let me know !!! .... heck either way right or wrong i'm curious
    good luck ! let me know how you make out-
    hang in there !!!....i'm sure its a simple fix !
    pam
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ec0tec
    I added an Oil pressure and AFR ratio gauge but I can not get the needle to appear in the VCM SCanner. When I scan others logs The needle appears and works but whenever I go to do it with my own logs, I get no reading?
    You need to be logging Oil pressure & air fuel ratio in your table display for them to show up in your gauges, chart or histogram displays.

The table display is the primary as clearly stated in the help file www.hptuners.com/help and if your not logging the parameter there your not logging the parameter.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"