Thread: t43, how to force TUTD table reference canbus and shift mode

Cool t43, how to force TUTD table reference canbus and shift mode

Swap jeep, using Xtreme Trans canbus adapter, and was originally set up to go into d4 or d5, then cruise lever would become momentary up/down signal. The d4 or d5 readout depends on what trans segments it has in file. Dif segments produce D4 or D5 on scanner when lever is in same position.

Initial set up was flashed over so, not sure how they had Shift General set up to trigger TUTD when gear selector shows d4 (or 5). Looks like GM triggers TUTD tables a bunch of different ways, depending on column selector, center console lever, or paddle shifter, maybe even button. Seems paddles are usually hardwire but the rest are set up with TUTD disabled and type set to serial.

Now, I can get pattern A and B to respond if I set Shift Mode performance in either, and it will refer to Shift Schedule A or B.

What I can't do is figure out/understand is how to trigger TUTD through canbus, using shifter range select into d4, and some combo of Shift Pattern Mode setup in Shift Pattern Type A and/or B.

Sample of my 09 Yukon that shifts TUTD but never sees TUTD mode in scanner under Shift Mode.

Also current file in jeep (ls3 still MAF old trans segments) that I cannot get to reference TUTD, seemingly no matter how I set the Shift Pattern A/B. I don't know how to trigger TUTD tables and reference to cruise lever up/down.

Are there differences between different years and OSs? Any suggestions n how to use process of elimination to maybe flash and test different OS and settings? Put a g8 file on here too for more reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mercrising; 09-30-2023 at 08:06 PM.

CANbus doohickey you bought came with no instructions, and they offer no support?

I am about 3rd in line on this PCM, and they just said "will work with truck file". I very likely did flash over the old stuff at some point...whoops.

I suspect if I'd call the vendor this coming Monday they'd share what file they had on it initially but, no need...I got it worked out.

Issue was around same t43 OS but, different segments within it. Updated to newer bunch of segments, set to TUTD>Enable, Type>Serial, Range Select On, Range Active> D5.....boom. Will post up some screens tomorrow, I could not find squat related to this, just tons of set up on NO BCM.

Potential Tuner
    Have same problem. Tried everything. I don?t have much experience on swapping segments. Can you explain ?