Thread: What is WOT exactly?

Potential Tuner

What is WOT exactly?

So I have just started tuning and i am curious to how WOT works exactly. Is it just another table that when reaching the specified accelerator position it switches over to or does it cause more to happen than just switching to a more aggressive map? I ask cause i don?t like to push my accelerator all the way to the floor but i was wondering if i could dial WOT back to around 70% accelerator and just use WOT as like a sports map for when i want to push it but i dont have to have the engine full throttle at its max. This is in reference to a 2013 Pursuit Charger RWD w/ 5.7 and a A580

So crash course is this , for GPEC
    (attachment 1)
    13530 - ETC Pedal WOT: Above this voltage the Pedal is considered at WOT by the ETC system.

Essentially, it's when the Gas pedal passes this voltage the OS switches to WOT spark table...............depending on end use of the vehicle you could set it as low as 0v, at 0v the vehicle would always be using the WOT spark table. I really haven't found an advantage for that, most of the people I've tuned for it's set somewhere between 2v&3v for a few of the All-out Drag cars I've done I set it at 4v and never use the table, I set up the Part Throttle table up like an old school Distibutor curve.

(attachment 2 Red arrow)
    44442 - FA WOT Pedal: Above this pedal voltage, the fueling algorithm considers the pedal to be a WOT request.

Essentially, it's when the Gas pedal passes this voltage the OS goes into Pe(power enrichment) as you see stock is 3.5v on this 2013 Charger, WAYYYYYYYY TOO F'N high as far as I'm concerned, I set these (depending on end use) no higher than 2.0V no lower than 1.625v , even all out drag cars(trucks) I don't set below 1.625V

(attachment 2 Black arrow)
    44443 - FA WOT Pedal Hyst: WOT Pedal hystersis value.

For 99% of those out there leave this alone, for the Few that Want that On/Off light switch feel , this by it's self will not achive it, but you can set it to 0 and get some help from it.**************** Caution, if you set this to 0V the vehicle WILL NOT START 1st few times after it's changed with out Gas Pedal Input, after about 10key starts it'll start with out pedal input.****************************************

(attachment 3 Red arrow)

There's more pedal feel that can be had with Ramp rate V(TABLE 13550) increase till you like the feel, most people find 1.8-2.5 to be good.

(attachment 3 Black arrows)

Leave these alone when playing with pedal feel, these have NOTHING to do with the pedal, but are connected to airflow (TABLE 35035) I don't know how many times I see people F^$K with these two and there's no need to when dealing with pedal feel.

When you set up your Logs, Remember Accelerator Pedal Voltage and Throttle Position Voltage are extremely important, the'll help you with fine tuning Throttle body Flow rate, and what Spark table you are(or should Be)on

Accelerator Pedal Power% and Throttle Position % are for fine tuning Power request and Pedal Expected Tables............which is a WHOLE different can of Worms
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q