Thread: RTD+ won?t write

Potential Tuner

RTD+ won?t write

Hey everyone when I had my magnuson installed they gave me an RTD+ OBD2 Bluetooth module to change between tunes. It has worked flawlessly up until today. I tried to write a specific tune for octane to the car this afternoon and after connecting the RtD+ and the phone on the Bluetooth I go to write to the car and it blinks green 4 times and than either freezes or the light disappears altogether. I?ve done all of the basic troubleshooting, even went as far as to unplug the car battery to reset everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Clg View Post
    Hey everyone when I had my magnuson installed they gave me an RTD+ OBD2 Bluetooth module to change between tunes. It has worked flawlessly up until today. I tried to write a specific tune for octane to the car this afternoon and after connecting the RtD+ and the phone on the Bluetooth I go to write to the car and it blinks green 4 times and than either freezes or the light disappears altogether. I?ve done all of the basic troubleshooting, even went as far as to unplug the car battery to reset everything. Any help would be appreciated.
    Does it start. Do you have another odb tool. Might be toast but check fuses could as usual be anything, not enough info to go on. Sounds like if it started to write and stopped thats clearly a fail. Might be able to write over with hptuners just depends.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-read-ecm.html

I know you dont have hptuners but I would check the power to the ecm and look everything over
    Last edited by Guy With A Chevy; 10-01-2023 at 09:05 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Car starts just fine, it seems to just quit writing after it connects…..really odd…..my Banks iDash OBD2 gauge works just fine, so it seems to be an issue with the RTD+. If I purchase a new one can i just hook it in and have the app “TDN” that i use write to the car?

Potential Tuner
    Quick question, if I purchase another RTD+ module can i just write from the TDN app to the new one without any issues?

Potential Tuner
    Anyone? lol

Your using your phone to bluetooth it over?

Senior Tuner
    Anyone? lol
    Not a lot of RTD use on the forum so you might have to direct this at HPT support.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy With A Chevy View Post
    Your using your phone to bluetooth it over?
    Correct, it even pairs just fine.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Not a lot of RTD use on the forum so you might have to direct this at HPT support.
    I noticed HPTuners support on here a lot, was hoping they would stumble on this thread since they don't accept PMs for some reason.

I figured you had already considered contacting support and figured this avenue would give some info. Atleast it didnt brick your ecm. Just maybe it could be a pairing issue try reinstalling the app and forgetting the bluetooth connection.

You leave it plugged in all the time?

Senior Tuner
    I noticed HPTuners support on here a lot, was hoping they would stumble on this thread since they don't accept PMs for some reason.
    Did you put in a support ticket? Not much drive by from support on the older GM forums.

Potential Tuner
    I figured you had already considered contacting support and figured this avenue would give some info. Atleast it didnt brick your ecm. Just maybe it could be a pairing issue try reinstalling the app and forgetting the bluetooth connection.
    You leave it plugged in all the time?
    I unpaired the bluetooth deleted and reinstalled the app....unplugged the car battery....it seems like the bluetooth functionality isn't the issue, it's when it wants to write to the vehicle itself that is the issue....

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Did you put in a support ticket? Not much drive by from support on the older GM forums.
    I did, any idea how long it usually takes them to respond?

Advanced Tuner
    Have you done a "re-sync interface" in the software? Sometimes that fixes silly issues with MPVI's. Might work for the RTD's too