Thread: General V6 Information

The key on, engine off fuel pressure for a 1997 Camaro 3800 is 48-55 psi. With the engine idling, the pressure should be 3-10 psi less than the key on, engine off pressure. This is from my ALLDATA.

The 2000-2002 3800 has the same fuel pressure spec.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 03-15-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Is there a link to the WOT 4.3L tuning? I'll be needing that soon when my Marine intake comes in and I can install larger injectors.
    Thanks,Scott~

Advanced Tuner
    The basic principals to tuning most engines is the same, but the process is different even from similar model car to similar model car. Half the fun is finding out what works best on your setup.
    '99 Black GTP Sedan
    3.4-2.6" PB Quick Change pulleys, Custom CAI, XP Cam, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, SLP headers, 42.5# Injectors, 180/195* thermostat.

13.501 @ 103.392 on 91 (2.4 60-foot).
    13.82 @ 105.28 on 87 octane! (2.42 60-foot).
    263kph top end as shown on the GPS.
    All this and 39MPG to boot. What more can a man ask for?
    * Just another enthusiastic amateur tuner! *

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the 4.3's have a V8 pcm so can actually utilize most of the V8 tuning concepts.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    this is for bill i have a 2001 gtp motor i am upgrading my fuel pump to a walbro 255 and 42.5 injectors can you give me a how to what i need to change in my ifr table

Tuner
    Have been an HP Tuners customer for a few years. The program works great and it has allowed me to complete a 3800SC engine swap without a problem. Have been able to scan and make adjustments. Engine is running good but you can't optimize from the drivers seat.
    I am looking for a experienced dyno tuner in the Central/Southern NJ. Eastern, PA area that can optimize my tune and take it the rest of the way. Having no luck finding one so if anyone can recommend and expert to tweak my tune I'd appreciate the lead. [email protected] Any leads are appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Question here for yea I have a 2000 grand prix gtp minor mods just wondering is there any way to enable the AE enrichment and decel enleanment well in speed density? Or is this somethingthat would have to be done with a custom OS. Thx Tyson

My guess is because it only use the VE table once the MAF has failed and is more of a limp home mode type of thing. The 3800 is a MAF based system and speed density tuning is not really required at all. I never touched the VE on mine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My guess is because it only use the VE table once the MAF has failed and is more of a limp home mode type of thing. The 3800 is a MAF based system and speed density tuning is not really required at all. I never touched the VE on mine.
    Not required till the maf fails lol I think this is crazy to not tune the ve but everyone has a different opinion. And yes it's maf based but you didn't answer my question sorry. Also if running full open loop there is no maf diag as mine does not diag maf failure do to no ltft or stft is my understanding. But if there's a way to enable ae enrichment and decel then these cars would run perfectly fine with no maf

You'd still only have a VE up to 5.8psi of boost, what's the point in running speed density when the VE can't even do 10psi or higher.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You'd still only have a VE up to 5.8psi of boost, what's the point in running speed density when the VE can't even do 10psi or higher.
    With the way the tuning is set up with pe it doesn't really matter can work just fine but this is not the thing I'm getting at I already no that everyone feels that way I'm asking y can ae enrichment and decel enleanment not be enabled well in speed density if you don't know don't answer what ever happened to helpful info

I’m reading all kinds of stuff about wideband O2 sensors, but I don’t find a write up about what kind of sensor and how to hook them up. Or for that matter, how to use them specifically
    1997 Regal GS. SLP headers, CAI, cat back. S1X cam, 1.6 RR's, 3.5" pulley, ported S/C, LS1 valve springs.

The $160-170 AEM wideband, then wire it into the cars EGR circuit or into your PRO interface if you have it.

There are youtube video's about wiring in the wideband to the EGR circuit. Maybe you aren't searching the right words or aren't using google with "hp tuners" after you words. That's an easy way to find information. The VCM scanner section sticky pages also has write ups for logging the wideband.

Plan and simple the wideband is used for air fuel ratio corrections and to monitor the fueling. You use the wideband readings against the commanded fueling to find the error between the two and correct the airflow model.

Potential Tuner
    almost none of the top post links are active anymore

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i just tested them and all of them except the very top link still work.
    unfortunately the top link is tied to a non-hptuners site and it is no longer a valid web address.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    有一辆19款ct6 40t没有涡轮压力限制的表格,强求添加,非常感谢!

加上了吗