Thread: Simos 18.6

Tuner in Training

Simos 18.6

Good day all,

I am trying to grasp how to tune my A6. Is there a guide on how to do this? I was able to figure out how to increase my map by 37.5%. The car started up but def was rough. now I gotta raise the fueling and not 100% where to go to do that. I would assume somewhere under fuel. I did look at the power enrichment but again, not sure what to actually look at. working on an audi via hpt is def different than a gm and dhp.

T.I.A.

Advanced Tuner
    I saw a few of your posts on FB (I believe)..... what are you trying to accomplish by increasing VE by a huge amount (37%)? It looks like you're going about this all wrong.

Post tune and log.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    I saw a few of your posts on FB (I believe)..... what are you trying to accomplish by increasing VE by a huge amount (37%)? It looks like you're going about this all wrong.

Post tune and log.
    Hey and yes, I've been trying to figure this out. So I've installed the 3.0 tb to my 17 a6 2.0. I've done the math (2.0 tb is 2" ID and 3.0 is 2.75 ID" and its an increase of 37.5% (I'll double check when I'm done work). So I would have to increase my air intake by that much and increase that much.
    new tb drive and 3rd pull.hpl
    -Stage2-Rev9C+.hpt
    Last edited by blacka6; 10-03-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    No need to mess with the VE model for a TB swap. You should be looking at the TB model tables (effective area, predicted angle) tables. Honestly I don't think it will be worth the hassle of swapping TBs on your current setup/power level... more issues and hassle for no gains.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    No need to mess with the VE model for a TB swap. You should be looking at the TB model tables (effective area, predicted angle) tables. Honestly I don't think it will be worth the hassle of swapping TBs on your current setup/power level... more issues and hassle for no gains.
    Thank you. I did notice a better throttle response. I do plan to get a bigger turbo. The tb is already on the car

Tuner in Training
    Soft coding will be required for a tb upgrade? I do have VCDS as well.