Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LTFT adjustment question V6 Astro

Tuner
    Hey, I just want to say thanks to all you guys for giving me feedback on this. Even though this was something for school, I'm really getting hooked and will probably just breakdown and get the wideband...

Give me a day or two to sort out all the info and tips you guys have posted, linked and sent. You got me on some major information overloand and again I really appreciate it.

Russ, I'll give the airbox trick a try again. I had to put the silencer and snorkel on again as it pinged like a banshi with the hypertech program. Guessing, kidding, that I'll be able to sort any pinging out with the VCMSuite.

All the best.
    Hank

Tuner
    Thanks Paul...

Tuner
    Hey Paul,

Feeling a big diff. Here is the latest log. I still have some more KR to pull out.

Tuner
    Forgot to mention, this log is shorter than my prior ones with a lot more hard accel, WOT and that third gear ping I have been fighting since day 1.

Your PE was still delayed. Use this setting for instant PE. And set the COT to disabled. You need to log commanded AFR as well.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Good lord, you guys are fantastic!! Thanks so much for all the help and input. The van is already 100% better than before, how much better can it get???

Tuner
    Here is the second log and tune from this morning. I pulled over to get rid of some KR. Still a little left which I will sort out before leaving work.

Also quickly looking at the chart I see a couple spots where I am going lean. As requested I logged the trans stuff. If anyone could interpret that I am not beating up the trans I would appreciate it.

Couple of things I noticed this am. I can still kick down from 4-2 but it is not near as bad as it was. Low speed low rpm 1-2 shift is a little firmer than I would like, will kick that back up. And am going to lower the A/C cutoff RPM speed.

Paul and Russ, thanks so much yet again for all the input. The changes to this 6000lb brick are insane..

Senior Tuner
    Hey Hank,
    Your Cat over tem protection is still on. You will want to turn that one off as Russ had posted eariler

Tuner
    Whoops, missed that. Thanks!!

Senior Tuner
    I'm guessing that your trans settings have you a little worried? Is it the shift pressures or shift speed you are concerned with?

Tuner
    I am just fearful of making any changes to an auto trans... I rebuilt my A4LD and want to avoid having to do that again.. Red drops on the driveway scare the living daylights out of me..

The changes we made do feel mild in my seat...

Senior Tuner
    The factory trans mount would tell you in a hurry if you were commanding too much pressure. The scan looks like it's come a long way! 1* of KR in a couple of places and 2* 0.68g/cyl and 2800 rpm. Looks like your doing pretty good. I'd scan it again to make sure it's not just false knock. Looks a lot better than the 5*+ you were seeing yesterday!!

Tuner
    I'm just being parinoid.. I've ripped up a trans more then once and am sensative to 1500.00 + repair bills or laying in my driveway yanking out a trans.

Shifts do feel nice, not too hard or quick. Only that one little spot at very low RPM.

I see some KR but also see some running lean at what looks to be 6625hz. Should I start with adding some more fuel and re-scanning before I hit the KR?

Senior Tuner
    You should not touch the 7000hz and up without a wideband.

Tuner
    Here is the latest log. I'm going to drive/log it a few more times before making changes. I see some slight KR but it was still cool today. Tomorrow is supposed to be hot again. Probably will bring more.

Tuner
    Ok guys, need your expertise here. Yes, I still need a WB and will order it. Have to pay for kids school first.. $$$

No changes were made to the tune file but the LTFT's are really off now in the low end, rich. Two changes compared to yesterday. It is warmer and more humid here. About +20F and +20% more. Secondly between log 1 and log 2 I got gas from a station that I normally don't use. Too expensive but I was on vapor.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hank

Tuner
    As requested.

Tuner
    Quick question, I set the A/C to disable at 3500 rpm and 100% tps. I know this log file is long but at frame 6260 I got WOT at a stop light when the A/C was engaged hitting over 5000rpm and the A/C remained engaged. Did I set this incorrectly?

Looks like the Astro is going to be down for a while. Got under it tonight for a LOF and the water pump, power steering pump and looks like possibly front main are weeping. I was too at that point. Also the A/C compressor is making a nasty noise at higher RPM's. Thats how I noticed the above issue. Not really thrilled with GM here as it is an 03 with only 60k on it.

Guess it could not take the raw horsepower that was unleashed with the tune

I loaded the factory tune and pulled all my stuff out of the van. We'll see how good the extended warranty is.....

Normally I'd fix this myself but I'm short on time and you have to take half the darn front end off to get to the motor on this thing..

Last log and tune attached.

You need to have less than 100% tps in the editor for wot to disable the ac.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Got the Astro back today, 2100.00+. Glad I bought the extended warranty. The darn brake control module was 900+ of the bill. 900+ to turn off the ABS light Warranty paid 1750.00, I paid 471.00 to have belts, hoses and t-stat replaced Painful but the van is insane to work on. Figured I'd do everything I could while they had it apart.

Time to get back to tuning.