Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LTFT adjustment question V6 Astro

haha, Yes, GM Warranties are THE best. I lost my 4L60 with about 7200 miles on the clock. Replaced; no questions asked, no $$$. lol

Of course i neglected to mention anything I did.

Btw, my front main was leaking too. The whole crank sensor was constantly wet with oil at all times, as well as the surrounding conduit and rack pinion stuff. Coincidence?

Glad to hear your ride is back in action.

...Now get out there and run 12's

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FGCUhank
    Got the Astro back today, 2100.00+. Glad I bought the extended warranty. The darn brake control module was 900+ of the bill. 900+ to turn off the ABS light Warranty paid 1750.00, I paid 471.00 to have belts, hoses and t-stat replaced Painful but the van is insane to work on. Figured I'd do everything I could while they had it apart.

Time to get back to tuning.

Very smart!!

Glad you're back and rollin'
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner
    Whoops, astro back down... Mechanic knicked a small hose when putting on a clamp and coolant blew out. Pretty sure I caught it in time. Had to do major surgery on the side of the road. Pulled the giant van fan shroud, dropped the belt, pulled the idler pulley and loosened the fan - waterpump pulley. Could not pull the fan as I don't happen to carry the special fan tool in my bag. Ordering it tomorrow... Managed to pull out the little hose. Fortunalty he knicked it down by the clamp so I was able to cut off the bad spot and enough hose was left over to put it back on. 2hrs later and now dark I was back on the road.

Going to have a bit of a chat with the dealer in the AM. Besides this, when I picked it up it was 1 gal low on coolant, blue leak dye was all over the drivers door and greasy foot prints all over the carpet. The clincher was the fact they said NPF on an A/C problem and right when I started it up tonight the A/C croaked...

Sorry for wanking, will get back on track with tuning if I ever the the Astro back.

Tuner
    Off-topic update.. Poor service writer this am. Would have hate to have been in his shoes. He started tap dancing and giving me a line if BS about my hose leak so I showed him the piece of hose I had to cut off and said let's go get the serivce manager.

Hey, turns out the service manager is my neighbor. Told him the whole story about grease, low coolant, blue stains, knicked hoses, mis-diagnosed A/C noises, etc...

So now I'm driving a nice rental 07 GTP that the dealer is picking up the tab on.

Anyone have a tune for my rental??

Tuner
    Ok, I'm not making this up..

Got a call at the last minute possible saying the van was ready. Hauled over to the rental car place to drop off the car and have them drop me at the dealer, 5 min before closing..

Pay for the van, drive off... Make it 100yds out the driveway of the dealership when all hell breaks loose. Nasty noise under hood and dash lights start blinking. Call the shop back and just happen to catch the service writer. Tell him I'm broke down and trying to make it back in. Thinks I'm joking..

Pull up just as he and the service manager come out the door. They hear the noise and start shaking their heads in disbelief. Pop the hood and the mechanic had left a rag in the engine compartment. Got sucked into the alternator and shredded. Toasted the alternator....

So the service manager gave, also my neighbor, gave me a ride home. They are replacing it tomorrow at no charge. Poor guy felt really bad. At this point all I could do was laugh..

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.. I picked up a screw in a tire on the road leaving the dealership...

If it was not for bad luck, I would have no luck at all..

Senior Tuner
    Well, here's too hoping that crap "DOES" happen in three's! This way you got it all over with in one week, but that is nuts. Leaving a rag under the hood like that, oh man.

Man that SUCKS! but its funny now that i know they'll replace the alternator at no charge(which they should).

You should run by your local church and have a priest bless your van! LOL!

...Although, I had mine blessed, and look what happend.