Thread: Seeking '05 LLY Eco/MPG Tune

Potential Tuner

Seeking '05 LLY Eco/MPG Tune

I'm looking for someone to do some basic modifications to my '05 LLY Programming.
    Truck is stock except for a full EGR cooler delete/removal.
    I'm looking for programming to fix the air/fuel issues caused by the EGR delete.
    I'd also like some tweaks that are best for Economy/MPG if possible.

Not looking to spend an arm and a leg, but if someone is willing or could point me in the right direction to get this done, it would be appreciated.

Send a pull of your file and i'll take a look. I did my 04 LB7 and assume its pretty dang close.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    That would be awesome! Here it is. If I have to I can put the EGR cooler back in and connect the valve to the wiring harness. I know the fingerstick mod requires it to be present, not sure if having a tune can let it be fully deleted.
    I'm most concerned with fixing those EGR issues. It definitely affects the fuel and air readings. If it was just throwing an MIL light I wouldn't really care that much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Here's a tow tune I ran in my truck for a while. I copied the tables into your tune, so you should be able to flash it right in.05llygreenTow.hpt

This tune runs nice, nothing crazy power-wise, and is super clean. It does have aggressive turbo braking on decel. If you don't like that, just copy your stock turbo vane tables in.

Haha never seen anyone run 100% turbo brake. Very nice tune. Must smoke a touch on the go pedal but agreed....fueling doesn't look crazy.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennydmaxguy View Post
    Here's a tow tune I ran in my truck for a while. I copied the tables into your tune, so you should be able to flash it right in.05llygreenTow.hpt

This tune runs nice, nothing crazy power-wise, and is super clean. It does have aggressive turbo braking on decel. If you don't like that, just copy your stock turbo vane tables in.
    This tune looks pretty nice with some good gains. Could turn up the PW a little in the high mm3 areas if you wanted a little more easily and safely also.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85 View Post
    This tune looks pretty nice with some good gains. Could turn up the PW a little in the high mm3 areas if you wanted a little more easily and safely also.
    Yes, there's certainly more to be had. IMO though, this is the sweet spot for a single tune on a stock truck. The stock Allison will handle the power fine, and you can tow heavy without the EGTs skyrocketting.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennydmaxguy View Post

Awesome! I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot.

Advanced Tuner
    How did this turn out for you?
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Potential Tuner
    new here and was just curious how this tune worked out for you? lenny do you think this would apply to a 04lly?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustincorum View Post
    new here and was just curious how this tune worked out for you? lenny do you think this would apply to a 04lly?
    Yes, but copy the tables. Don't flash it directly. I can do the copying for you if you're not comfortable with that. Just post your stock read.

I ran that tune in my truck as a tow tune for roughly a year. My tunes are different now, as I'm on bigger injectors and turbo, if not for those changes, I'd still be running it.

Tuner in Training
    can i see all the needed tables with hpt to copy the different tables from this tow tune into a 05 lly?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, just be sure not to copy ALL differences. There are things like fuel tank size, axle ratio, etc that you'll want to leave alone.

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks ill try that out tomorrow ill let you know how it turns out. wanna see how she runs . can i read and write adjustments on the allison 1000 trans? i've heard of guys that have trouble reading tcm on allison? this truck needs some torque convertor lockup adjustments. would like to make it lock up from 3rd gear up when not in tow haul.

Tuner in Training
    You should be able to. If you're able to communicate with the ECM, the TCM should be able to talk as well. These trucks can be a bit tricky to communicate with, but there's usually a way to get through.

Tuner in Training
    ok i try it out. thanks again