Thread: Shifter failure? Vehicle inoperable

Exclamation Shifter failure? Vehicle inoperable

Hello,

Before I explain, I DO NOT have a data log from the vehicle, as after tuning it, it was COMPLETELY inoperable.

I was tuning my friends 2013 Chrysler 300 (3.6l base model)Mohamad - 13 Chrysler 300 (Stock).hptMohamad - 13 Chrysler 300 (Tuned).hpt, and after a few flashes the vehicle did not start. It seemed to have something to do with the shifter sensor, as the dash display was indicating that the vehicle was not in park, even though I knew that it was, and a few different messages saying service transmission.

Prior to tuning the vehicle with VCM Suite, it never had a problem like this.

I will leave the stock and modified files attached, I only want to know why this would have happened, and how to avoid it in the future.

Thank you,

Julian

If you not touch the tranny mechanically or by software, I see no reason for the failure.

But you do some strange settings that I dont understand.

VE isnt operable by NN on.

WOT spark will get no negative values.

DFCO 300 kpa for what ?

Rpm limit in neutral makes sense, even the runtime !

Did you set PE with a wideband ? seems like a guess to me.

If the problem is solved with stock tune, try one setting after another .....

Tuner in Training
    A few years ago, the wife and I rented a V6 Charger and it had a very similar thing happen. Couldn't get the car to not roll when in Park...like it was in neutral or something. Gave the car back to the rental place and they sent it to the local Chrysler dealership where my buddy was a mechanic. Turns out the transmission fluid was low. Food for thought.