Thread: urgent update application

urgent update application

To whom it may concern:
    It is urgent to update the application, it is far behind the advances in cameras, for example, starting with the GoPro Hero 10.
    If something is already being done, it would reassure those of us who have purchased the application to know that there will be a new version soon.
    thank you

Tuner in Training
    For all intents and purposes it appears that this application is dead. There haven't been any updates since 2022 and I've read elsewhere in the forums that the only developer they had left.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RT-BRZ View Post
    For all intents and purposes it appears that this application is dead. There haven't been any updates since 2022 and I've read elsewhere in the forums that the only developer they had left.
    There's still plenty of customizability here. If you need the application to support a new resolution or need help resolving a persistent crash, then yes...there's not that much you can do without an update from HPTuners.

But if you're looking to change how a display object looks or if you want to display the data you have in a different way, that doesn't require an application update. Some of us on the forum take these sorts of requests and try to implement them (or suggest already available alternatives).

Quote Originally Posted by piloto por 1 dia View Post
    To whom it may concern:
    It is urgent to update the application, it is far behind the advances in cameras, for example, starting with the GoPro Hero 10.
    If something is already being done, it would reassure those of us who have purchased the application to know that there will be a new version soon.
    thank you
    RaceRender already supports the mp4 files that a GoPro 10/11/12+ creates. If you use H.264 encoding, then it should be imported just fine (for the foreseeable future). If you're looking for updates to extract the GPS stream from that mp4, that's...less likely to happen especially given that GoPro has dropped support for GPS with the 12.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for an update soon: it would be nice for RaceRender to support Sectors just like TrackAddict does as well as a number of other enhancements that have been requested on this forum. I agree that it's unlikely until we start hearing from HPTuners officially though... Keith did mention in https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ith-RR-product that they are looking for another developer; so there's still some hope.

Potential Tuner
    For GPS data extraction from video files, see the suggestion at:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post750519

Hello, there are problems extracting data from the GoPro Hero 11, for example, and when they are short files that can be extracted, the clocks go crazy (variometer and g's measurements for example). It is still very slow in image processing, because it does not take full advantage of the processors... I don't know. There's still a lot.
    Now I will ask the question of how to "slow down" the data displayed so that it is not crazy to look at the clocks.
    And yes, I already have external ways to get the GPS data and then use it, but I liked doing it all better in the same app that was paid.
    thank you

Potential Tuner
    Sadly this is no longer supported. Repeatable bugs have been submitted without even an acknowledgement.

Such a shame Weston left, he was very quick to reply.

I've found workarounds for most of the issues, but use other software for some things.