Thread: 2015 mustang 6r80 lockup clutch tuning

Potential Tuner

2015 mustang 6r80 lockup clutch tuning

I am relatively new to tuning and trying to make my way through this. Ive got a sn95 mustang that is gen 2 swapped with a 6r80. Computer identifies as a 2015 GT automatic. The car runs decent and I drive it quite a bit, and have been drag racing with it.

My questions are regarding the torque converter lockup scheduling and how to adjust it. Its got a circle D triple disc converter and the stock tune allows some slip, which the converter doesnt like. Can someone help me understand the Lockup strategy? There is unlock-slip-lock in the table with OSS rpm in it. How do these numbers function? Does a lower slip number mean less slip rpm? I would like the lockup to come on and not allow any slip when applied. Also, in the 1/4 mile it locks halfway through 3rd, how would we go about locking it a little earlier in 3rd?

Thanks for the help. Ive got my current tune linked.

Current.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Slip is TCC apply, unlock is TCC release.
    You can calculate engine speed from the oss using transmission gear ratios and oss and make a spreadsheet for shift points.
    You said 3rd locks halfway through the gear. The gear ratio of 3rd is 1.52. 2600 * 1.52 is 4000 rpm lock up.
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 10-19-2023 at 09:45 AM. Reason: phone autoincorrected

Potential Tuner
    You need to change your desired slip tables if you want to modify slip speed. I have mine set to 0 rpm in 5th and 6th only. 1-4 gears I set the entire table to 7000rpm so it doesn't lock in those gears. I don't want to lock up until 40 mph under light throttle, this way you take advantage of the torque multiplication of the TC