Thread: Stock 3.5 EcoBoost Throwing Codes p0131 p0151 after fuel fill up?

Post Stock 3.5 EcoBoost Throwing Codes p0131 p0151 after fuel fill up?

ecorun1.hpl

So, I've looked around for wiring issues and recently replaced the throttle body a few hundred miles ago but I am not finding anything weird it's got 83,000 miles on it. I was hoping someone could take a quick peak at this log and point me in the right direction here before I start tearing it apart.
    I'm at a loss the only thing I can think of is bad fuel, I just filled up yesterday.
    I doubt it's fuel but I'd like community input Any help is much appreciated.

I've seen Ecoboosts suck a bunch of fuel through the evap tube after filling the fuel tank too high. That will get you these 2 codes together. Repeating this also ruins the evap valves (purge and/or vent). More than likely one of the 2 evap valves is already bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    I've seen Ecoboosts suck a bunch of fuel through the evap tube after filling the fuel tank too high. That will get you these 2 codes together. Repeating this also ruins the evap valves (purge and/or vent). More than likely one of the 2 evap valves is already bad.
    That's interesting, It wouldn't surprise me as these evap valves are plastic and they sit ontop of the valve cover area getting heat soaked on the regular. I was inspecting them today and the evap system looks like a nightmare lol..

Not like any other EVAPs are really better just noticing the spaghetti like connection.

Thanks for your tip!

I cleared the code and took it for a rip and it runs great, silky smooth idle, maybe I'll get lucky and it was just a fluke. If it happens the next time I fill up I will definitely be checking this

I read it takes up to 50 Miles for the ECU to log enough changes in the O2 sensors to throw a code..
    Solving problems that take dozens of miles is super annoying..
    Last edited by BowTieTillIDie; 10-09-2023 at 03:02 PM.