Thread: New to the forum looking to have a file conerted to .bin

Potential Tuner

Cool New to the forum looking to have a file conerted to .bin

New guy here not to forums tho just haven't been on them in a long time ie got some tunes for my 2012 6.7f350 srw 4x4 when i went to the 2015+ turbo after the second first gen gt32ss went again over it its on weight watchers and was before on hs canned tunes . anyways i read my tunes from ecm unfortunately they cant be accessed from vcm edit trucks tunes via ezlynk so i read them but strategy is xxxxxxxx out so vcm kicks me a alert and its not editable so 400 later on a mpi3 i have a file if i convert to .bin i can edit it on ezlynk ecu editor my main issue is i need to do some vane mods they maxed it out at 40 % so it wont spool for shit and im bummed i like the tunes but not due to lack of low end boost i can see it calling for the boost but vanes hit 40% and never go any higher let me know if you can help thanks
    Last edited by keith26; 10-18-2023 at 10:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Is it giving you a checksum error by change??? Can download both the ECM and TCM together in one file and post it? I had a similar issue when I download my tune, but it was an SCT based upload.

Quote Originally Posted by keith26 View Post
    New guy here not to forums tho just haven't been on them in a long time ie got some tunes for my 2012 6.7f350 srw 4x4 when i went to the 2015+ turbo after the second first gen gt32ss went again over it its on weight watchers and was before on hs canned tunes . anyways i read my tunes from ecm unfortunately they cant be accessed from vcm edit trucks tunes via ezlynk so i read them but strategy is xxxxxxxx out so vcm kicks me a alert and its not editable so 400 later on a mpi3 i have a file if i convert to .bin i can edit it on ezlynk ecu editor my main issue is i need to do some vane mods they maxed it out at 40 % so it wont spool for shit and im bummed i like the tunes but not due to lack of low end boost i can see it calling for the boost but vanes hit 40% and never go any higher let me know if you can help thanks
    Not sure if that run on sentence is for real but, why don't you just read the truck with any number of .bin software.

Potential Tuner
    Yes I can read both it pulls the file perfectly no issue when I go to open i get the message. And then it opens up tcm is perfect no issues but in the engine it has no tabs maps nothing I?ll private message it here shortly

Potential Tuner
    I put in another request to have my file changed through the original tuner but haven?t heard back I?ve asked befor and was told that?s just how it it sadly if only I could just change what I needed even asked for the file and got laughed at of course

I put in another request to have my file changed through the original tuner but haven?t heard back I?ve asked befor and was told that?s just how it it sadly if only I could just change what I needed even asked for the file and got laughed at of course
    So now you are saying it is tunerlocked. That changes everything.

Potential Tuner
    locked kind of he changed the ecm # if i payed for the tuning and then don't get what i want am i wrong for wanting to make it right i just want to change up the tune to suit my needs you couldn't pull a trailer with it with out risk of damage let alone looking like a idiot , had tuned diesels for more than 15 years my wife needs to pull our second trailer to the desert with the kids toys i cant trust she will watch gauges ie found a solution i have a mini maxx still that was in the truck prior to the 15+ turbo swap i loaded that read it modded the file for the vgt needs and so far im much happier i wanted clean god running tunes id still like to get the bin so i can possibly salvage my ezlynk that i payed so much for thanks for reading my post not a punk kid just like everyone here just trying to accomplish my end goal
    12' 6.7 Psd F350 Srw 4x4 180k Blk/Blk lariat Spe stage 1 turbo
    03' 7.3 Psd F250 Srw 4x4 rock crawler on 40's PHP Hydra tuned

Potential Tuner
    id like to note i contacted him right after install one week later its now months so i went to the custom route when i got no help
    12' 6.7 Psd F350 Srw 4x4 180k Blk/Blk lariat Spe stage 1 turbo
    03' 7.3 Psd F250 Srw 4x4 rock crawler on 40's PHP Hydra tuned

id like to note i contacted him right after install one week later its now months so i went to the custom route when i got no help
    It is likely you did not get a reply because he will not unlock it for you. Most diesel tunes are not HP tuners tunes. Most are EFI live. I don't know this for a fact but I have read a couple of posts from HP employees here who say the only solution is a new ECM/PCM

Tuner in Training
    i know powerstrokecustoms could help you.. i would try sending them an email to [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Yea I only asked for a revision never asked for the unlocked all good pretty much got it all dialed in now took me a bit to grasp what each table did to another but after that I?ve figured it out have a pretty decent tune got it where it?s driving real good mileage back up now getting 15mpg but still rips and doesn?t dump a gallon of fuel leaving the line spools quicker now then it did like that also have the soft switch working for torque management smoke limit is all I e had to dial now in the low boost low rpm

Potential Tuner
    I did actually but didn?t get a response thank you tho 💪🏻