Thread: Request for new feature - Buffer capacity

Senior Tuner

Request for new feature - Buffer capacity

There are times when users log too many PID's and cause the scanner log to become unsynchronized. A good solution to this would be to have a readout of MPVI buffer capacity, even a simple bar graph, to inform the user if there is too much data being logged.

The HPT team does excellent work. I don't know the inner workings of the device, so maybe my solution isn't entirely accurate. Just some way to tell if there are is too much data being logged to maintain polling rate across all channels.

- Thank you

Senior Tuner
    Is this a problem on the HPT side or the ECM side? I guess it could be done with it either way since HPT could probably recognize when it isn't getting the data on the correct "schedule".

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Is this a problem on the HPT side or the ECM side? I guess it could be done with it either way since HPT could probably recognize when it isn't getting the data on the correct "schedule".
    DIfferent ECM/PCM 's have different baud rates etc. Not really a software "Speed" limitation. So what is good for an E38 isn't for a P59

Senior Tuner
    No it's not a software limitation. It would be nice if the software informed the user of limitations.