Thread: Histogram stopped updating but other charts continued updating

Advanced Tuner

Histogram stopped updating but other charts continued updating

Something odd happened tonight. I was logging 4 PID's to work on my VE. The histogram was populating nicely but at one point I looked over at the histogram and the entire table was empty. My first thought was that I had exceeded the 64K arbitrary limit on the log size.

When I came to a stop I was able to see that it was still logging, now up ~19K samples. When I finally arrived at my destination, I saved and closed the log. Closed the scanner and re-opened the log. Everything worked fine except the histogram. Even though I chose the reload all data option, the table remained blank.

After I got back home I copied the log to my home PC and it populated just fine. Same version on both PC's (2.1.16.0). I repaired the installation on the laptop and it then loaded the histogram just fine.

The only thing I can think of was that I recently re-installed .NET 2.0 as it was listed as being an uninstalled option, although I know I've installed it before. Weird.

On a related note, can someone remind me the reasoning behind limiting to 64K samples when capturing to a laptop? I mean, AutoTap for DOS only limited to drive space, and that program is ancient.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9455

Keith's post #12 explains the limit.

HP Tuners works fine with net 1.1 but there are some minor issues with 2.0 so I've always just uninstalled it & made sure I was running 1.1 with sp1.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    What are the test results with .net 3.0?

The link really just says the application has memory management problems. Do we have a 'Known issues' list published somewhere that we can reference when something odd occurs?
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Software update: Version 2.x
    VCM Suite 2.x requires that you have Microsoft .net framework 1.1 installed as well. If you have received a VCM Suite 2.x CD, the installer is located there and is installed automatically when you insert the CD into the drive. If you do not have Microsoft .net framework 1.1 installed, you can download it from here: Get the .NET Framework 1.1 and then click the link titled "Get the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable from the Download Center" located near the page bottom.

taken right from the customer login page.

As for known issues I've posted them in stickies in the general section.

Tuner in Training
    I was doing some research and came across this thread.

I'm having the same problem that the OP had with the main spark - knock retard, timing retard histogram not populating completely. There is no data over .28 g/cyl.

I'm running Windows 2000 server on this lap top, however its all 2000 frame way essentially and it has the .net 1.1 installed. Everything else works fine but the other day this just stopped populating. I only have 8832 frames on this last log and still running into issues.

What do ya'll suggest??

Thanks for the help!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would suggest posting your file.

Tuner in Training
    Ok. Thanks. Here is my scan file. Please keep in mind I'm a newbie at this. Any advice that can be given is greatly appreciated too!

2000 Corvette is the car!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    your maf isnt reading correctly...is the maf still on the vehicle? Is it enabled? Thats why your not in the correct cell.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    your maf isnt reading correctly...is the maf still on the vehicle? Is it enabled? Thats why your not in the correct cell.
    I put the car in SD mode by changing the maf fail high to 0 hz. It is still installed in the vehicle but I did this so I could still get the values for the maf while in SD mode to make the changes to the ve tables as well as the maf table.

It was working correctly in this situation up until 2-3 days ago. Now knock histo's #1 and #2 won't read past .28 g/cyl.

Chris

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    well your maf is reading incorrectly so check that out first. Personally though...I would just delete that parameter & log dynamic cylinder air & all would be well.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 03-29-2007 at 01:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    well your maf is reading incorrectly so check that out first. Personally though...I would just delete that parameter & log dynamic cylinder air & all would be well.

Thats Foff! I'm still learning this stuff, but every day I mess around with it I learn just a bit more! I got it figured out. This is going to sound dumb but the maf had come off the bridge and never knew it cuz I was in SD mode! Helps to just check on clamps and etc every once in awhile!

Chris