Thread: 2019 charger 8hp70 question, firming shifts help

Potential Tuner

2019 charger 8hp70 question, firming shifts help

Ok, I have a mild build here. It's a 392 car with a big cam, e85, injectors, fore fuel system... blah blah blah. Puts down about 550 na wheel. I have a trans tune from a "Mopar Tuner" that does diablo, and i've heard not great things about the tunes he normally provides. It was ok in stock form, but now that I spray about a 200 shot (winmax pro controller) its bringing me up to the 700whp range. I desperately need to re tune the trans.

Just had the dealer re-flash to stock (to avoid any boot-loader issues or bricking going to HP), and I'm upping my shift schedule which isn't too complicated. The 4-3; 3-2 downshifts were terrible... ie at a stop and still in 4th. I can handle that.

But pressures, I want to get firmer shifts all around. What do I need to adjust? I've got a compare file from several different cars (HC and demon) and they make sense to a point. I just don't know what I should change and what to not touch.

Yes I have read and searched. The huge sticky and others have been helpful, but for some reason I am not 100% confident still.

Also, Yes I have a tuner I talk to him at least weekly. He is just freaking busy asf and since he is a friend I'm not going to annoy him for my issues. I come from a time of learn and do yourself. THe 2 files I have attached are the last read of the "Diablo" tune and the Current from today that's a fresh dealer flash.

Suggestions or directions are so amazingly appreciated. Thank you all.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chop_chop_hemi; 10-23-2023 at 07:30 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_chop_hemi View Post
    I come from a time of learn and do yourself.
    yeah me too

thank god the transmissions are no longer 10 grand a pop

you can find a good stock low mile replacement for as little as $2,000.00 today

have fun : )
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_chop_hemi View Post
    Ok, I have a mild build here. It's a 392 car with a big cam, e85, injectors, fore fuel system... blah blah blah. Puts down about 550 na wheel. I have a trans tune from a "Mopar Tuner" that does diablo, and i've heard not great things about the tunes he normally provides. It was ok in stock form, but now that I spray about a 200 shot (winmax pro controller) its bringing me up to the 700whp range. I desperately need to re tune the trans.

Just had the dealer re-flash to stock (to avoid any boot-loader issues or bricking going to HP), and I'm upping my shift schedule which isn't too complicated. The 4-3; 3-2 downshifts were terrible... ie at a stop and still in 4th. I can handle that.

But pressures, I want to get firmer shifts all around. What do I need to adjust? I've got a compare file from several different cars (HC and demon) and they make sense to a point. I just don't know what I should change and what to not touch.

Yes I have read and searched. The huge sticky and others have been helpful, but for some reason I am not 100% confident still.

Also, Yes I have a tuner I talk to him at least weekly. He is just freaking busy asf and since he is a friend I'm not going to annoy him for my issues. I come from a time of learn and do yourself. THe 2 files I have attached are the last read of the "Diablo" tune and the Current from today that's a fresh dealer flash.

Suggestions or directions are so amazingly appreciated. Thank you all.
    Hey!
    Playing around with system pressure is always trick... make transmission shift firmer is easy, the difficulty is make it last and have it done in a way it will not be harm for your transmission lifetime.
    Suggest what to change without knowing more details and logs, it is quite hard.

One advice I can give is: be careful with this tune part.... it can easily & quickly damage your transmission.

DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785

Tuner
    Listen to what Dodge Boy HP is saying here. I've seen some others play with shift pressures and fast fill times, etc. and destroy their transmissions inside of 60 days start to finish. I currently have 11 different professional trans tunes on deck and not one comes close to how nice my 8HP70 shifts than the tunes I received from Dodge Boy HP. And you guys will understand what I'm saying the moment you experience your first test drive after he tunes your trans. Best trans tune to date, yet he is still working to further fine tune my two most aggressive tunes he wrote for me. And after watching his You Tube videos and chatting with him some before and throughout the tuning process, I'm pretty convinced that no one on the Dodge platform here understands these 8HP's better than Dodge Boy HP does. If you don't really know what you are doing when messing around with these trans tune tables, I strongly urge you to contact Dodge Boy HP and see if he can help you out. Spending the couple of a hundred bucks now will ultimately save you money in the end because your trans will last much longer than it would if you were to make the adjustments yourself, without fully understanding the damage that can result from making these partially blind adjustments in the trans tune tables.
    Last edited by Spray-Cam Hell-Ram; 10-30-2023 at 09:24 PM.
    2016 Ram CCSB Forged NA 396ci Stroker
    +2.5cc Flat/Dome Mahle Power-Pak Forged Pistons w/13.2/1 CR on E85
    Forged Manley 4.05" Stroke Crank/Speed Master Valvetrain
    Race Ported Eagles/Titanium 2.12"/Titanium 1.62" Valves
    Custom Cam 235/249 .629/.629 111LSA 110ICL+1Adv
    Ported Holley Hi-Ram Intake/NXpress Hi-Ram NO2 Plate kit w/250 Shot(4 sec)
    Tx Spd 2" Long Tubes/Active Viper Hood/2-Step
    ATI SD w/15% UD/Dual 450 Pumps/Fuel Cell in Bed/Demon 700cc Inj
    3800 stall/Det Tru-Trac/410 Gears