Thread: After writing tune from remote tuner...headlights won't turn off

Potential Tuner

Question After writing tune from remote tuner...headlights won't turn off

Let me start off by saying, I 100% believe this has NOTHING to do with the tune or the tuner.

Just strange behavior that hopefully someone has seen on here since you have tuned many cars and might have ran into this issue.

I have 2020 Camaro ZL1 with a Ballenger AFR500CAN and have had a weird issue on the last couple of times I have applied (flashed) a new tune.

My headlights will not turn off, and yes I have checked the stalk to ensure they are in Auto...but even when I turn it to off, the lights won't turn off.

The last time this did this, I had to unplug my battery to get the lights to turn off...so I called the dealer and got scheduled for a checkup.
    I did this each and every time I drove the car (for about a week) and then I turned completely unplugged my AFR500CAN and had VCM Scanner not show the 'WB EQ Ration 1 (SAE)' Channel and then I drove the car and turned on/off my headlights and turned on/off my bright lights a few times (like 10 or so)...then everything 'reset' and the lights turned off. So, I canceled the trip to my dealer.

Everything was great, but then I just flashed the newest revision tune and now my lights are "on" again and I had to revert to unplugging my battery to get them to turn off. This is such a pain!

Like I said, I am 1000% certain this is nothing to do with the tune or the tuner...

It has to be something I'm doing wrong or something weird with my car. I can take it to my dealer, but they are a couple weeks behind...so it will be a bit.
    So, I thought I would post here to see what experts might suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbostick View Post
    Hello, I think you should check the connections and discussing the issue with your tuner, it may be beneficial to perform a diagnostic scan on your vehicle. This can be done using professional diagnostic tools or by taking your car to a qualified mechanic. A scan can help identify any error codes or system malfunctions that could be contributing to the headlights staying on.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/member.ph...7-paulaprender