Thread: '17 Silverado brake TQ issue & shift TQ

Tuner in Training

'17 Silverado brake TQ issue & shift TQ

When the brakes are applied the throttle wont go over 30-32% . Also when it shifts from 1st to 2nd it cuts fuel and timing. i know its safer on the trans that way but friend is insisting he wants those issues taken out. The truck has a small cam in it and he has no compaints otherwise. any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Do you have User Defined Access?

Brake issue is easy enough to fix if you do. First you need to change your brake torque management switch back to factory and then raise the torque setting for it. TM settings need to be raised. Then with user defined access talk to Will_974 on here and request the accel and TCS setting changes. This will allow the tcs button to kill traction control 100% when pressed. Those tables were thanks to Verlon on here I actually do this for all of my customers. Helps a ton with drag strip take offs....

The trans part can be set up to just cut timing and then you can use the default trans table and DD tables to somewhat control how much timing it's cutting. Torque model really needs to be dialed in too, but with the small cam that it looks like he's running you could possibly raise it from 1600 up 3 or 4 % on the top row then interpolate upwards and be good enough.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    not to sound dumb but, what is User Defined Access??? Thank You up front for the info/advice. I struggled with it for a long time and then tried to search for answers before asking for help.

Tuning Addict
    User Defined Access is another $150 cost through HPT. Gotta love the having to pay for every little thing theme now, but it does allow you to edit background tables. Problem with this is you either have to know how to go through the coding - which I don't and most don't as far as that goes or you have to know and pay someone who does. This is where Will comes in. Will will hunt down, find and format the coding so you can alter it and from what I've seen there's a lot involved just with that and getting all of the limits and what nots sorted out. Up to you on whether or not you want to fork out the extra cash for it cause you'll still need to pay Will for those services too. If you tune a lot, it's worth it. If it's for a friend then you might even want to talk to Will about having those tables put into yours already altered for you, but just keep in mind you won't be able to edit them at that point. However those 4 tables are pretty straight forward - you basically max 3 and set one to use the traction switch. This would be your best price if you don't need to edit them afterwords

https://minigeist.net/blog/?post_type=product

Just tell Will you want the two accel tables maxed, torque to exit traction table maxed and traction button set to "set"

Again, your cheapest route if you don't do tuning or have any further need for background access.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Following up here.

Yes, I am happy to locate those Torque Limiting tables that GHuggins is talking about.
    I can definitely change them for you to save you the cost of user defined parameters.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you guys. PM sent