Thread: Gen V lt1 Cold Start

Potential Tuner

Question Gen V lt1 Cold Start

Good evening everyone! I'm new to tuning and my first swap is gen v. Ill be appreciative of any pointers that helps me along this tuning journey. Lt1 6.2 10l90 holley mid mount, holley oil pan, holley manifolds and exhaust, aeromotive fuel system, speartech harness, cruise control and shifter, dakotadigital, cold case radiator, lt5 cam, LME timing cover and cam gear. Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Just going off of the last one of these I did and not looking at your tune or log. Make sure to start with the correct initial cal. Most swap companies will send you an ecm file with a Denali truck cal. This is because of the ride control stuff missing however this has the wrong throttle controls in it. You can talk to Will_974 to get the lt1's settings (both throttle area and pedal progression) from a camaro with this transmission. I recommend installing a zl1's transmission cal and then killing the tcc below 8th gear. Dial in the MAF. You will need to shape the airmass torque model to get it to idle right especially for any cat test or evap test that can't be turned off. Make sure fuel pressure is low enough and set to not use a fpcm. Tuned right this setup will make an older car even with the stock lt1 cam run damn good... Also make sure you have good brakes now that I'm thinking about it
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Greg 😊! I'll keep you posted. Yes! I have upgrade the barkes to wilwood 6 piston front 4 piston in rear. Thanks for giving me a starting point.

Tuning Addict
    Just looked at the tune file, well a couple of things. Looks like you already have the correct OS, so you have that going for you and you already killed the fpcm. I will also note to make sure and kill the bcm comm codes and other module comm codes not only in the ecm but in the tcm too otherwise the tcm will set codes and have problems. I always forget the tcm side when I'm doing one. You will need the tcm unlocked to do everything to it.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC