Thread: Working on a Saturn PCM.

Potential Tuner

Working on a Saturn PCM.

Greetings.

I am not a programmer, but I am a mechanic who is on a wide and lengthy search for someone who can alter the programming in a Saturn PCM.

I have a 2001 Saturn SC2 (DOHC, MP2 manual transmission) which originally came with an MP3 manual transmission, which has different gearing than the unit that's currently in it. Consequently, the cruise control doesn't work, because the PCM sees different RPM/MPH figures that what's programmed into it.

Others have tried hacking a Saturn PCM to make changes like this, with varying degrees of success, but I haven't found anyone willing to do this work. Is this something anyone here can do?

Senior Tuner
    Nothing on the HPT supported vehicle list for this.

The body control module on these is integral to the cluster, and PCM. As gtstorey said HPtuners won't work. Saturn's are very unique. They were ahead of their time on a lot of stuff but in that same sense it created a problem with parts along with it being discontinued. Spent most part of a year just trying to find a new BCM for one due to the mileage is stored in the BCM and the BCM is forever paired with the SIR.