Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 Gt45 newb

Senior Tuner
    Alright sounds like a plan.

ok no leaks, still have the lean tip-in symptom. Damper will be here next weekend hopefully.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Jabootydawiz View Post
    ok no leaks, still have the lean tip-in symptom. Damper will be here next weekend hopefully.
    Do I need two or one?

Senior Tuner
    Hold off until the damper arrives. IAT's are up again. Did WMI turn on? Where is the IAT mounted?

How's it running otherwise?
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:22 PM.

Yeah WMI seems to be coming on, there’s a green LED indicator plus the AFRs become real rich and the engine revs up FAST! I can double check the tank level though, maybe put some fresh Boost Juice in? IAT is just before TB in the charge pipe. Car runs great! I’m actually afraid to mat the thing because it’ll rev so fast!

ok Radium fuel pulse damper has been installed !
    i followed the websites instructions (somewhat limited) but i am wondering if how i have it installed is effective.
    basically i have removed the fuel pressure gauge on the fpr and screwed the damper in its place. also teed off vac line and ran to damper as instructed for boosted applications. still a lil lean tip in,still fun to drive besides that

Senior Tuner
    Definitely helped. The damper is supposed to go on the fuel rail. You remove one of the end caps opposite the regulator and put it there.

My fuel rails don’t have an end cap on em lol it’s a return style system, so I split fuel from pump to both rails for input, then run lines out to reg and then a return line from the reg back to tank. Wondering if I should have got the flow-thru style damper instead ����*♂️

hey Sirius thanks a bunch for everything! Cars a blast thx to you man. I had a few questions/concerns but if youre done with this thing i totally understand dude
    1: made 2 logs yesterday and noticed AFRs seem leaner at idle after it warms up. The ambient temps were in the 80's yesterday and im wondering if the increase in temperature is to blame? we see triple digits in the summer regularly, wondering if i should accommodate for this?

2: CHOP. can we make this thing more "choppy' at idle? childish i know lol but i like the sound

Senior Tuner
    What's happening here hints to our lean tip-out problem. I've noticed for a while that lean tip-out only happened during high IAT's. A few tunes back I disabled the complex temp model per the relocation of IAT to the intake manifold. Which IAT sensor are you using? The sensor curve could be the culprit.

Oh no, the IAT sensor is NOT in the intake manifold, sorry if that wasn’t clear on my end. IAT sensor is in my charge pipe technically? Literally the tube from my turbo to the throttle body. Sensor is in there just behind my WM Nozzle. As far as which sensor I’m not completely certain! If I recall correctly I just grabbed one from a gen 3 truck motor. Tahoe/yukon etc.

Senior Tuner
    Those vehicles have the IAT as part of the MAF housing. So need to know which sensor for sure. Got a pic of the location?

Here's some chop in the meantime. See how you like it.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:44 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I have an idea. Let's try with a modified Complex Temp model. The charge cooling of the water-meth throws things off a lot, so I've tried to compensate (another reason to get an intercooler).

Ok sounds good, I actually think I’ve found some more exhaust leaks, gonna spend the money and get the exhaust done correctly by an actual welder lol that will cost me a few bucks so gonna hold off on this for a paycheck then it’s right back at it!

Senior Tuner
    Keep the logs coming. I think this problem is pretty much IAT's effect on SD calculations. An exhaust leak that you've just noticed will have a very minor overall effect.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    (another reason to get an intercooler).
    this right here.
    meth injection is nice, but, its not reliable. Over 100 degree temps, i get it, i live in phx, you cant be messin around, you lose that meth, you lose an engine.

Senior Tuner
    I've detuned it for that reason. So really another +1 for intercooler.

I gotcha! Will drive her into work tomorrow with the latest tune! I have an intercooler in my garage, I think it’s too small + I didn’t want to route all that piping �� but I’m all for longevity so I’ll start making plans to get one in there ����*������

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabootydawiz View Post
    I didn’t want to route all that piping
    i know its out of the budget, but can you run one of these from TS or Tick?
    theyre amazing.
    https://www.texas-speed.com/p-11959-...-manifold.aspx