Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 Gt45 newb

Senior Tuner
    Ok. Here's then next.
    Attached Files Attached Files

#4.hpl

it was a lil wet outside. can letr eat a lil more this afternoon once the road dries

#4.5.hpl more beans

Senior Tuner
    One more run then I'll have some questions about the fuel setup.

ri.hpl

still wet out. lots of wheel spin. also made the coupler on the charge pipe/lntake fit better as i think it may have been previously leaking boost. saw boost as high as 13lbs on gauge today.
    let me know if you need another /better log and ill make one once the rains stop.
    also ready with info on fuel system

Advanced Tuner
    ----just wanted to give a big shout out to how awesome sirius has been with all the help he's been providing.
    Big high five to ya man, really awesome I wish there were more like you

Senior Tuner
    Thanks, but I'm having trouble with it. AFR looks good during pulls and steady driving, but tip-out and decel are making for a weird VE surface if corrections are applied directly. I haven't changed the VE much on this one, focusing on transient behavior and KR. Another thing is VE tends to decrease with increasing kPa during boost. The only thing that makes sense to me is the high IAT coupled with the complex temperature model.

The main question I have about fuel concerns pressure. Is it still running off only one fuel pump and vacuum regulated?
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-04-2024 at 10:01 PM.

Dude, Sirius has been a better communicator and friend to me than some girls I?ve dated lmao I owe this man a few rounds for sure! Where are you from any way? I?m in Cali and it?s storming right now so may be a few days before a new log

And less VE as Boost increases sounds counterintuitive
    To combat IAT, remember I have Meth just waiting to be reactivated.(second fuel pump also is not active rn)
    Yep still just the one fuel pump to a Boost Ref?d Reg at the rail. Set to about 60psi at idle. I don?t know how I could visually very rising pressure while driving/doing a pull? I can apply some pressure with my compressor?

still a little wet. this things coming to life tho no doubt .ohok.hpl

Senior Tuner
    It certainly improved. Still, I don't believe in the VE table we got going on here. Confirm for me the injectors you bought. Which P/N and supply the data if it came with it. I've been working on the assumption that you got the 630cc set I linked, but if you got the other one then that'll explain a lot.

Here?s the set I got. Pretty sure it?s the same 630cc you linked. Injector data is also linked on this page. https://deatschwerks.com/products/35...2b759eeb&_ss=r

Senior Tuner
    Hmm. One more then we'll stop and think about it.

lmk if there's a certain type of driving youd like to see.sb.hpl

made another logmom.hpl

Senior Tuner
    The problem I'm having is that AFR is all over the place. I'm not talking just transients. It's like this throughout. Compare 'View Zoom Data Range Only' to 'View All Data' then you'll see what I mean.
    - Is there a way we can monitor fuel pressure?
    - Have you checked for exhaust leaks?
    - How is PCV routed?
    - What FPR are you using? How long is the stretch of vacuum line, and is it actual vacuum line?
    - How far downstream is the wideband?

-Only thing I can think of is to attach a camera while driving it, won't be an issue to remove the hood.
    -I have got the obvious ones taken care of, a few literal pinholes in there definitely, can put it on the lift and check again.
    -PCV is routed normally with OEM hose to top of intake. passenger side breather is just open to atm. Should I be using a oil catch can system or something different?
    -Was using a "Tanks AFPR1" FPR, but I just got one from Deatschwerks. Using a hard plastic "pex" type line for all my vacuum lines. "T" on the compressor housing has 2 vac lines 1 to the FPR itself, maybe just over a foot long, other to a bank/manifold on firewall.
    Wb is maybe a foot and a half from the turbine housing. turbo is mounted just behind passenger headlight and exhaust runs straight back and under firewall, O2 is right next to firewall essentially if that helps you visualize its location.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
    As a business I decline to tune stuff like this. I do lose a certain amount of work by refusing to tune certain parts, but I also limit my headaches and liability. No sense trying to chase mystery injectors.
    110% agreed. At a certain point, it costs you less to limit certain jobs. Call it cherry picking or whatever, but it keeps your sanity, time and money in check.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabootydawiz View Post
    - if that helps you visualize its location.
    pictures work too

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabootydawiz View Post
    -Only thing I can think of is to attach a camera while driving it, won't be an issue to remove the hood.
    -I have got the obvious ones taken care of, a few literal pinholes in there definitely, can put it on the lift and check again.
    -PCV is routed normally with OEM hose to top of intake. passenger side breather is just open to atm. Should I be using a oil catch can system or something different?
    -Was using a "Tanks AFPR1" FPR, but I just got one from Deatschwerks. Using a hard plastic "pex" type line for all my vacuum lines. "T" on the compressor housing has 2 vac lines 1 to the FPR itself, maybe just over a foot long, other to a bank/manifold on firewall.
    Wb is maybe a foot and a half from the turbine housing. turbo is mounted just behind passenger headlight and exhaust runs straight back and under firewall, O2 is right next to firewall essentially if that helps you visualize its location.
    Run the line to the regulator from the intake manifold instead of the turbo. Vacuum signal needs to come from behind the throttle body.

new fpr installed with vac line from intake behind tb.
    will attach pic of WB
    thx for your time

bfas.hpl