Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 Gt45 newb

longer drive. New v-band incoming for downpipe. Taking it to get exhaust completely sealed up next weekend .
    honestly no complaints from me. car is fun to drive.
    tip in can go lean if i suddenly snap the throttle, but thats it.
    can you explain how to see whats "off" with AFR's
    want to better understand what im seeing or not seeing .

2wrk.hpl

Senior Tuner
    The VE table isn't coming in right. I have an idea as to why. Look at the injector data:
    https://deatschwerks.com/collections.../35u-01-0060-8

It appears to me that the GM calibration is wrong compared to the General one. From what I've done so far, graphically with Fusion 360, the General data Offset table is a GM offset. The General is likely the more accurate of the two. If so that'll explain some of the difficulties getting fueling correct. I'll have my conversion solved by tomorrow.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 03-07-2024 at 07:29 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I've finished the conversion. Data derived from the attached pdf from Deatschwerks. I used the table values for IFR and Offset. SPA solved graphically.
    SPA.png

If you're good with the changes then upload this tune. The values are different enough that you need to treat this like starting over. Don't get into the power too much, and watch your wideband gauge.
    Attached Files Attached Files

no worries

Senior Tuner
    Sweet. Here's the next revision. Come up a bit in power and rpm's.

came up a lil too much on first log. pretty sure i exceeded the g/cyl table, cleared DTC and made sure nothing was hurt/leaking then made 2nd log

Senior Tuner
    Yeah definitely getting up there in cylinder airmass. I can compensate, but first are you sure that you want to be running so much boost without an intercooler? I know you can turn on WMI, but what if that fails? I'd recommend 10psi tops for this. If not that's fine I'll start scaling the tune.

Yeah Boost is starting to get up there, I think I saw as much as 15-14 lbs :O
    This is the most boost I feel comfortable with right now. I?d love to put an intercooler on this thing someday, but I?d like to get some use out of the WMI system + 4 Gallons of boost juice I bought ha

Just to clarify: good to turn WMI on or not yet?

Senior Tuner
    Gimme a sec I was actually working on it Yes in the mean time have it ready to go.

Senior Tuner
    Ok turn on WMI. I'll use AFR adder for spark authority as needed. WMI will throw off VE, so go easy again.

Phenomenal! I’ll hook it back up tonight and make a log tomorrow morning on the way into work. Should have a log posted by noon

drive into work. WMI on.

Senior Tuner
    WMI made a good difference on IAT.

almost hit a deer and sprang a small fuel leak in the engine bay
    lucky for me its St patty's day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabootydawiz View Post
    This is the sort of reason behind why I always carry a fire extinguisher in the car with me on new builds until I am sure everything is 100%. Even a small gas leak on the exhaust, or a frayed bit of wiring can be disastrous. The large tasty road rats are why I put really bright headlights on all my vehicles.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabootydawiz View Post
    Wow what a day lol.

AFR is looking pretty good. I can't tune that lean tip-out after boost. It's something hardware related. Not saying it'll fix the problem, but I've had really good results one of these on the fuel rail:
    https://www.radiumauto.com/Fuel-Puls...Kits-P759.aspx

Few minor tweaks to VE. Set PE. Brought spark up a bit. Here's lucky 13

Quote Originally Posted by gametech View Post
    This is the sort of reason behind why I always carry a fire extinguisher in the car with me on new builds until I am sure everything is 100%. Even a small gas leak on the exhaust, or a frayed bit of wiring can be disastrous. The large tasty road rats are why I put really bright headlights on all my vehicles.
    Almost had to learn that lesson the hard way! Fire extinguisher is behind the seat and will live there until further notice lol. As for the almost roadkill, I?ll just have to keep my eyes peeled for those pesky city slicker deer lol I?ve got LED?s on this thing but she appeared out of nowhere!

I think it’s hardware related also! A short section of AN hose from my rail to my FPR was the fuel leak. And it would hold pressure until after a good pull, then it would dribble fuel out. Gonna go over all those connections and make sure they are leak free, then I’ll make another log. I have no problem grabbing that dampener either if you think it’ll help, it’s not too expensive. We’ll see after the next log