Thread: 2013 Duramax with bad TCM needs to program new blank TCM can HP tuners do it

Potential Tuner

2013 Duramax with bad TCM needs to program new blank TCM can HP tuners do it

2013 Duramax with bad TCM need to program new blank TCM can HP tuners do it, this customer bought a new blank TCM and I was able to download it and the original. Can I write just the TCM to get him going instead of going to the stealer ship to be done, vehicle has previous tune that I didn't do and it may be a locked PCM I cannot read.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kulpba View Post
    2013 Duramax with bad TCM need to program new blank TCM can HP tuners do it, this customer bought a new blank TCM and I was able to download it and the original. Can I write just the TCM to get him going instead of going to the stealer ship to be done, vehicle has previous tune that I didn't do and it may be a locked PCM I cannot read.

Potential Tuner
    Not sure about the HP side. However you can sign up with the GM after market side and that with give you programing access to your Duramax you will need a pass through device that is J2534 compatible. One serial Number will cost you about $80.00. This will only rewrite with a factory spec or update the calibration.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No it will not. Tech 2 or similar OEM style flash device is necessary to program a blank VCM
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"