Thread: 6L80 converter locking/unlocking behind a 4BT cummins

Potential Tuner

6L80 converter locking/unlocking behind a 4BT cummins

Weird setup, I know. Customer built thing and brought it to me to adjust trans. After a number of hours I have it shifting thru the gears well. But once in 6th at a steady cruise it's locking then unlocking then locking then unlocking converter... iv spent 3-4 hours adjust everything possible in trans. And no change, sometimes I think it's a bit better then after driving it a bit it's right back to the same.

Any ideas are welcome.

He has some standalone box feeding info to trans, (throttle position, rpm, )
    Also things to remember is max rpm of this engine is 2200, cruise speed is about 1450 locked up .

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    will be using a tcm2650 setup for sure. you need to see what the tcm2650 is seeing for throttle position and if some of the inputs are randomly triggering.

it'll have a 3 pin plug that kinda looks like a map sensor to a usb cable. plug that in and then look here for the software u need.

https://www.torqueup.net/downloads/tcm-2650/

the 2800 software will allow you to bring up the diagnostic window to see inputs. be careful in both versions of the software when making configuration changes.
    Never touch the firmware!

Potential Tuner
    What is that?

UOTE=Tre-Cool;755151]will be using a tcm2650 setup for sure. you need to see what the tcm2650 is seeing for throttle position and if some of the inputs are randomly triggering.

it'll have a 3 pin plug that kinda looks like a map sensor to a usb cable. plug that in and then look here for the software u need.

https://www.torqueup.net/downloads/tcm-2650/

the 2800 software will allow you to bring up the diagnostic window to see inputs. be careful in both versions of the software when making configuration changes.
    Never touch the firmware![/QUOTE]